This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 Photo thread!

Mattias_ASUS
Zenfone 9 is here and as many of you probably have seen, we got some pretty impressive cameras this time around!
So I propose a thread with some of our best pictures, the pics I will upload are taken by normal average people and without any enhancements.
p-20220801-122636.jpg
The picture above was taken with the camera's Light trail mode by a waterfall.
120 REPLIES 120

Gabrieltg
Rising Star I
p-20221001-200609.jpg
Modo automático
p-20221001-200618.jpg
Modo manual
p-20221001-200627.jpg
Modo noche
Las 3 con muy muy poca luz.

J_S1
Star II
Gabrieltg

I am surprised by the many complaints about the Z9.

It works very well for me.

Regarding the camera, I have tried Gcam and I don't like it. There are differences but I'm not convinced. It is clear that we can find negative things in the camera of any high-end phone. Perhaps the best, at the moment, is that of the iPhone 14 Pro Max (€400 more).

In general, the camera of the Z9 is very correct. Could it be improved? Yes.

There is also the personal taste of each person in the photographic result.

I take the photos in Manual mode. Without making any adjustments.

I have verified that the result is a little better than in Automatic mode.

Perhaps what I don't like very much is that there is always a slight Bokeh effect. In close up photos it is fine but in long photos it is not. I still think the best photos were taken with the Z8 before the first camera update. Very natural photos.

It's like we have something good and we start making weird changes for the better. In the end it can end in a poop!

But I think the Z9 is a very good phone.

Only, he only needs to do a camera cleaning.

Asus technicians: surely you are capable. We will wait.

View post
I do prefer the Asus photo app over gcam, because it is more customisable and it has the manual mode. But after the update, it started bending my photos, and I can't use the wide angle. That just shouldn't happen.

fakeco14
Star III
Gabrieltg

I am surprised by the many complaints about the Z9.

It works very well for me.

Regarding the camera, I have tried Gcam and I don't like it. There are differences but I'm not convinced. It is clear that we can find negative things in the camera of any high-end phone. Perhaps the best, at the moment, is that of the iPhone 14 Pro Max (€400 more).

In general, the camera of the Z9 is very correct. Could it be improved? Yes.

There is also the personal taste of each person in the photographic result.

I take the photos in Manual mode. Without making any adjustments.

I have verified that the result is a little better than in Automatic mode.

Perhaps what I don't like very much is that there is always a slight Bokeh effect. In close up photos it is fine but in long photos it is not. I still think the best photos were taken with the Z8 before the first camera update. Very natural photos.

It's like we have something good and we start making weird changes for the better. In the end it can end in a poop!

But I think the Z9 is a very good phone.

Only, he only needs to do a camera cleaning.

Asus technicians: surely you are capable. We will wait.

View post
Don’t get me wrong, I really like the Zenfone 9 it's a great device and I wouldn't want a different one right now.
I just think—and have been saying so here—that the camera hardware has unrealized potential. And since the camera is important to lots of folks working the current kinks out could make the Zenfone 9 more attractive to a broader audience.
One thing I want to add to the discussion and that I agree woth @J_S: I really like the Asus Camera App and its UI/UX as well as features like the light trail mode. Love it in fact. I only wish the resulting photos were up to what the sensor can potentially produce.

Mawerick
Star III
J_S

So, I downloaded the gcam everyone praises, and while it doesn't distort the photos like the Asus app, I still can't use the wide angle lens.

I am really not thrilled about the reboot. If that's really the only solution, is there a way I could back up phone's settings, such as home screen, charging modes, apps, alarms, ringtones, etc., so I don't need to redo all from scratch?

@CH_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @Falcon_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @fussion_ASUS @Irene @Irene_ASUS

View post
I'm quite certain they meant simply powering down your phone and restarting it. Not doing a full reset.

elween07
Star II
Mawerick

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/230732#Comment_230732

I'm quite certain they meant simply powering down your phone and restarting it. Not doing a full reset.

View post
Try to clear storage and cache for app
screenshot-20221003-094120-settings.jpg