This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 Photo thread!

Mattias_ASUS
Zenfone 9 is here and as many of you probably have seen, we got some pretty impressive cameras this time around!
So I propose a thread with some of our best pictures, the pics I will upload are taken by normal average people and without any enhancements.
p-20220801-122636.jpg
The picture above was taken with the camera's Light trail mode by a waterfall.
120 REPLIES 120

txdu77
Star III
pxl-20220929-194709887-night.jpg
With Gcam (2,55 Mo)

p-20220929-195040.jpg
With Asus app (3,58 Mo)

Asus app is too aggressive treatment software and heavier than Gcam. It's not good in general. BUT
p-20220929-195040-1.jpg
pxl-20220929-194709887-night-1.jpg
p-20220929-195040-3.jpg
pxl-20220929-194709887-night-3.jpg
p-20220929-195040-2.jpg
pxl-20220929-194709887-night-2.jpg
1 : Asus
2 : Gcam
3 : Asus
4 : Gcam
5 : Asus
6 : Gcam

The 3st image, We can see hour even it's too sharper and the 5th image, there more details on the table for Asus.
I have got the last update firmware 32.2040.2040.23
Asus must to continue their efforts for upgrade software camera. It's possible! All mark who has got IMX 766 can do a better job, why not Asus?
I very encourage to them

J_S1
Star II
Hello, so I updated the sw to the latest 32.2040.2040.23, and my camera got totally ruined. I cannot use the wide angle lens anymore (when I am at the .6 settings it still uses the main lens) and what's worse, all the photos get horribly distorted no matter the zoom - they are cropped, blurred, and bent beyond belief like some reverse fisheye. See attached pic.
p-20220930-094928.jpg
The distortion doesn't show in the camera app, so I shot images thinking it works. You can imagine my disappointment when I went to gallery and found out that photos of some valuable moments are useless garbage.
I don't want to do factory reset, because I spent ages to dial all the settings and accounts. Considering what I paid for the phone, I really shouldn't have to do that in the first place
I'd appreciate if you'd assist me to solve this soon.

fakeco14
Star III
Unfortunately I can't offer any advice to @J_S other then rebooting.
But I found a new testcase for the aggressive post processing. Top is Asus Can, bottom GCam both with HDR enabled both at 100%:
screenshot-20221001-102728.jpg
While the GCam Version clearly shows the mesh the Asus Can only shows a big moiré mess.

J_S1
Star II
So, I downloaded the gcam everyone praises, and while it doesn't distort the photos like the Asus app, I still can't use the wide angle lens.
I am really not thrilled about the reboot. If that's really the only solution, is there a way I could back up phone's settings, such as home screen, charging modes, apps, alarms, ringtones, etc., so I don't need to redo all from scratch?
@CH_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @Falcon_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @fussion_ASUS @Irene @Irene_ASUS

Gabrieltg
Rising Star I
I am surprised by the many complaints about the Z9.
It works very well for me.
Regarding the camera, I have tried Gcam and I don't like it. There are differences but I'm not convinced. It is clear that we can find negative things in the camera of any high-end phone. Perhaps the best, at the moment, is that of the iPhone 14 Pro Max (€400 more).
In general, the camera of the Z9 is very correct. Could it be improved? Yes.
There is also the personal taste of each person in the photographic result.
I take the photos in Manual mode. Without making any adjustments.
I have verified that the result is a little better than in Automatic mode.
Perhaps what I don't like very much is that there is always a slight Bokeh effect. In close up photos it is fine but in long photos it is not. I still think the best photos were taken with the Z8 before the first camera update. Very natural photos.
It's like we have something good and we start making weird changes for the better. In the end it can end in a poop!
But I think the Z9 is a very good phone.
Only, he only needs to do a camera cleaning.
Asus technicians: surely you are capable. We will wait.