This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNLOCKING IN POCKET

pjtl
Star II

I know this has been posted about before but I'm so frustrated because I've tried everything and this phone is still unlocking in my pocket and causing chaos! Sending private pictures to my family group chat is not ideal. I've enabled the button press feature and half the time it works, half the time it still unlocks with only the fingerprint.. either way it still unlocks in the pocket. I could disable fingerprint altogether but it's one of the reasons I bought this phone. My firmware is up to date, can Asus please sort this out before this phone causes me any more embarrassment and frustration.

41 REPLIES 41

I wish that with the selfie and the slowness of the camera you would make the same complaints, the selfie is poor 

Mansi_ASUS

Hey,

Are you guys still experiencing this issue?

Hello @Mansi_ASUS 

of course. I am on the firmware 33.0804.2060.100 and still the same.

Please do a simple test. Cover front camera and proximity sensor by your hand. shake the phone all the time like it is in the pocket. You can wait until screen is off. Then, pocket mode should work. But you can just touch fingerprint sensor and it is unlocked. Fingerprint sensor should be turn off, not react when pocket mode is ON and detect that is in the pocket (by proximity sensor I guess).

best regards

Guciu

Yes, this week I took my phone out of my pocket, and it showed me the "emergency information" screen

when I picked up the phone I found that there were many numbers on the screen that were pressed in my pocket. It is worrisome that 911 can be called without one being able to control it in one's pockets. 

benji_el
Star II

The issue is still there.

Only way to mitigate it is cancel Advanced->Gestures->Screen on.

Of course, if Pocket Mode is enabled and the phone is in your pocket OR proximity sensor recognizes that the screen has to be shut - no tapping or fingerprint sensor activity should be recognized until out of pocket or proximity sensor is not covered in another way.

ASUS should fix this.  I doubt they will.