Vilbers
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: asus zenfone 9 8/128 gb
Firmware Version:-
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: suddenly
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):-
My zenfone 9 stopped working. The phone was in my pocket in a protective case and the next time i tried to turn the screen on, nothing happened. I can hear audible rattling while shaking my phone, so the issue seems that either the screen or the battery connector came off inside the phone.

I have never dropped the phone or exposed it to mechanical stress outside of everyday use. I sent the phone to be inspected under warranty, but just wanted to bring up the possibility of this issue.

4 REPLIES 4

Mansi_ASUS
Hey @Vilbers!
The rattling sound is probably from the camera gimbal that actually moves when you shake the phone.
Now, as for the phone not working; were you updating your phone, when this issue occurred? It could be an update that just froze the phone, it might need a hard reset.

Vilbers
Star I
Hey @Mansi_ASUS
The phone was not updating, it was in my pocket with the screen turned off.
The phone wont show anything even when trying to perform the hard reset through volume and power buttons.
The rattling sounds more like a loose bit inside the phone rather than a working mechanism.

Vilbers
Star I
Also the rattling sound seemed to originate from below the wide angle camera, and when pressing the spot trough the back the sound muffled.
I will propably add the notes from the inspection/repair if and when i get my phone back.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.