jbigwood
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 9
Firmware Version: 33.0804.2060.65
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: all the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Asus Phone app
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I prefer the Google phone app to the stock Asus phone app, so installed it recently. However, it suffers from the mic being muted randomly during calls (which BTW I don't think is due to my face accidentally muting the phone via the mute button on the screen).
So, I decided to switch back to the stock Asus phone app. Unfortunately, I can't find the icon in the app drawer to add it back to my home screen. I've checked that the app isn't hidden (which it isn't). If I go into Settings/Apps & Notifications/Default apps I can set the Asus phone app to being the default. I can also go to Settings/Apps & Notifications/All apps and open the Asus Phone app from there. However, I can't find the icon anywhere to allow me to add it back to the home screen.
Any idea how I can add the Phone icon back to my home screen?
TIA

4 REPLIES 4

berto35
Rising Star II
jbigwood

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone 9
  2. Firmware Version: 33.0804.2060.65
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: all the time
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Asus Phone app

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I prefer the Google phone app to the stock Asus phone app, so installed it recently. However, it suffers from the mic being muted randomly during calls (which BTW I don't think is due to my face accidentally muting the phone via the mute button on the screen).

So, I decided to switch back to the stock Asus phone app. Unfortunately, I can't find the icon in the app drawer to add it back to my home screen. I've checked that the app isn't hidden (which it isn't). If I go into Settings/Apps & Notifications/Default apps I can set the Asus phone app to being the default. I can also go to Settings/Apps & Notifications/All apps and open the Asus Phone app from there. However, I can't find the icon anywhere to allow me to add it back to the home screen.

Any idea how I can add the Phone icon back to my home screen?

TIA

Phone icon missing
I think they removed it with the Android 13 update.

martinparker28
Rising Star II
berto35

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/66817/phone-icon-missing

I think they removed it with the Android 13 update.

View post
It's still there on my phone after Android 13 update

berto35
Rising Star II
martinparker28

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/241022#Comment_241022

It's still there on my phone after Android 13 update

View post
I don't have it. I had it hidden because I was using the Google Phone App before the Android 13 update, now it does not show up anymore anywhere.

Mattias_ASUS

Have you tried searching for the app when you go to the app drawer? if it shows up there then you can drag it to the home screen again.