Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Larger media lockscreen buttons

jwest88
Star II

Screenshot_20240215-112616_ASUS_Launcher.jpg

Screenshot_20240215-112924_ASUS_Launcher.jpg

The skip track or skip forward buttons are minuscule. So difficult to press they almost shouldn't even be there. Maybe android 14 will fix this, but this would be such an easy win and nice QoL improvement if it could be patched to worry less about looking nice but also being functional so I can use them to skip a track or fast forward.

Screenshot_20240215-131352_Musicolet.jpg

here's an example of the musicolet custom lockscreen.  Reasonably sized buttons and just much more usable. Only applies when that app is actively playing music though.

I have average sized hands. I imagine this problem is much worse for those with big hands. 

6 REPLIES 6

I'm not satisfied as a consumer. A basic usability is to be able to hide the gesture navigation bar because on such a small phone that space is wasted. Voilà, Asus listened to me and added the feature that Google removed. 

I've explained to you that we have to be aware that it's a small phone. If we want large buttons, I'm sure they'll look better on one with a 6" screen. It's not for basic usability. This has been designed by google as such and scales according to the screen size. Try changing your resolution, maybe you'll improve your experience. 

Another thing that is critical and that I have complained about and they have not solved is that if our phone is stolen and it is locked, they can activate the flight mode and we will no longer be able to track it. To turn this on or off Wi-Fi, your phone would need to ask for the pin. 

Glad asus seems to be responsive to feedback.  

Here's a screenshot of the default version on my old phone.  

Screenshot_20240217-083618.png

To me it seems google went fully for looking cooler (bigger album art screen with small buttons) over ease of use. 

It feels like android 11 was just better in some ways.

Screenshot_20240217-084510_ASUS_Launcher.jpg

Screenshot_20240217-084610_ASUS_Launcher.jpg

changing the screen size under display settings) does seem to change it very very slightly.  

Thanks for the tip on trying to mess with screen settings, not sure it's enough but it may have helped a bit.