This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Draw V shape to activate flashlight

clarknova
Star II

This is a request or message for the Asus Development Team. I'm using the Asus Zenfone 9 for a year now and I love almost everything about it. The only thing that I truly miss and haven't found a decent replacement for is: draw a V to activate the flashlight. I used it on my previous phones and miss it everyday. I'm a father of 2 and I need that flashlight multiple times/day (or night). I tried multiple shortcuts, rightnow the flashlight is activated when I double press the power button. Unfortunately that also activates my screen.. and since the fingerprint is so fast and accurate it mostly unlocks it as well...  Which brings me to the second problem: pocket calls. I never had a phone with more pocket call incidents.. But I truly think it's all because of the flashlight. Could you please add the option to the list? 

7 REPLIES 7

Mansi_ASUS

Hey @clarknova,
Thank you for reaching out. I've forwarded your suggestion to the relevant department.

landsome
Rising Star II

You mean a V with the display off?

I use double tap (on the back) to activate flashlight. It works very well - as long as you are on the native launcher (clearly worse with Nova) and the phone is in an upright position. You need to have the screen on, but you can do that by double tapping on the display without the need to unlock. So four taps, two on display, two on the back. 

As for pocket calls, I completely got rid of them after I switched the unlocking method to pressing the fp button (from just touching it). Zero cases. 

@landsome wrote:

You mean a V with the display off?

I use double tap (on the back) to activate flashlight. It works very well - as long as you are on the native launcher (clearly worse with Nova) and the phone is in an upright position. You need to have the screen on, but you can do that by double tapping on the display without the need to unlock. So four taps, two on display, two on the back. 

As for pocket calls, I completely got rid of them after I switched the unlocking method to pressing the fp button (from just touching it). Zero cases. 

I agree with @landsome , follow this tips @clarknova!

clarknova
Star II

I tried the double tap on the back method but it was not reliable at all. On top of that I had a lot of times the flashlight toggled on by mistake. 
Drawing a V is way faster to me. I know this is very subjective.. but seeing how the "drawing shapes" option is already in the software... I can't see why they wouldn't be able to easily add a "toggle flashlight" option as well.