LukeBiel
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:Z9
Firmware Version: 2030
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: all the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): everywhere
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

I have a strange Internet delay when phone is on WiFi since the day one. No matter in which app (Instagram, TikTok, Chrome,...). I click a link and instead of going there, there is 1-10s (approx) delay of nothing happening, it is not even loading the content. After the delay, content loads just fine. It is happening on several WiFis, but not on mobile data. Other phones on these WiFi networks behave just fine.
It was there in the original fmw and it is still present on the 2030
Is anybody else experiencing the same?
9 REPLIES 9

iamthegr1n
Star III
LukeBiel

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:Z9
  2. Firmware Version: 2030
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: all the time
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): everywhere

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I have a strange Internet delay when phone is on WiFi since the day one. No matter in which app (Instagram, TikTok, Chrome,...). I click a link and instead of going there, there is 1-10s (approx) delay of nothing happening, it is not even loading the content. After the delay, content loads just fine. It is happening on several WiFis, but not on mobile data. Other phones on these WiFi networks behave just fine.

It was there in the original fmw and it is still present on the 2030

Is anybody else experiencing the same?

Content loading delay on WiFi
Sorry but no 😞

graficek
Star III
Hi, I can confirm weird behaviour on WiFi on my Zenfone 9 from day one. I tried to use Pingmon app and knew that some packets had really huge ping about 3secs and some lost at all. Other phone worked just fine in exactly same time (confirmed by Pingmon). I changed settings on my router to use channel automatically instead manual channel 4. And Zenfone started to work much better... Weird, but true;)

willjoe2442
Star III
A large volume of unoptimized images is usually the most common reason behind website slowness. High-resolution images can consume lots of bandwidth while loading. Uploading larger sized images and then scaling them down can unnecessarily increase the size of your web page – causing your website to load slowly.

LukeBiel
Rising Star I
I'm sorry, but this has nothing to do with the issue I'm experiencing. Please be sure to read the description carefully. I don't have problem with slow loading speeds, websites and everything loads quickly as expected. BUT sometimes (on wifi only) there is a couple of seconds delay before it even starts to load, which doesn't happen on other phones on the same wifi