walterfindley
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 9
Firmware Version: 33.0804.2060.65
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Constant
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): all camera apps
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
The rear cameras (possibly only main, ultrawide seems less affected) seems to have a focus range of about 3 in to a few feet, anything longer ranged than that and it will become blurrier and blurrier. Front facing camera is not affected.

Attempted restarting phone and resetting camera app, no change. I updated from firmware 32.2040.2040.23 to 33.0804.2060.65 in an attempt to solve this issue, but it persists.
This is a constant across all apps that use the camera, making this extremely annoying- the oversharpening could be solved with gcam, but this is unusable. My old Zenfone 6 is a better platform at this point.
20 REPLIES 20

Xtechi
Star II
That should be expected in large camera sensors
I can't say I have the same issue here

I'm sorry but no, it shouldn't. That's a ridiculous assertion that the camera focus should suddenly stop working because of the sensor size. I own plenty of cameras - the phone is defective.

Sirandrew214
Star II

Same problem here.

Its very annoying, lost some good photo ops during xmas.

Asus, at least give us an update as if you have read and are investigating en please.

shlomki
Star I

Hey there, I've bought 2 Zenfone 9 devices, one for me and one for my wife. My wife's phone had the exact same problem you've descrived, while my phone was absolutely fine.
I've sent her phone to Asus for repair, and they've switched the entire camera module. The wide camera was fine and did not need to be changed.
When I got the phone back after about 1 week - the problem was fixed and she was able to take photos and videos of objects further than 3 meters without any blurriness or lack of focus. 

So my recommendation to you is to contact Asus and send your device in for repair.

Good luck!

Mansi_ASUS

Did you all start to experience this problem after installing the A13 update?