[BUG] Lines on camera when white (lots of light) in the frame

CuraeL
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 9, EU, 16/256 edition
Firmware Version: Late August update
Rooted or not: Nah.
Frequency of Occurrence: Reproducible again and again
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): ASUS stock camera app, before and after late August update
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi ASOOSE frens - I need some explanation or maybe I just want to report a bug. My camera is doing weird lines whenever there's a lot of white in the picture. I've tried auto white balance, removing flicker, setting flicker to 50, 60, or Auto.. Nothing really helps. It's super annoying cause pictures or videos will have these running lines on them as soon as there's too much white. Can you please tell me what's going on, or if you're aware of the issue? The image below shows the lines I'm talking about. It happens in all camera apps I've downloaded, and in the ASUS Camera app. The lines move to the right slowly, all the time. And are also present in videos.
Is it the processor, the IMX sensor? A combination of both? What makes this happen - it's super annoying. Do I need a replacement phone? It's been like this from the start - I have white walls in my home so I noticed it really quickly while taking some pictures and videos when I got the phone.
I've attached an image and also a short video.
It happened before and after the last update - by the way.
(I posted this first in the camera thread, I'm sorry about that - but I thought I should probably do a real bug on this so ASUS moderators notice it.)

20220903-082639-lmc-8-4.jpg

9 REPLIES 9

Mattias_ASUS
CuraeL

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/227360#Comment_227360

What a nerd!

Same by the way haha

View post
RGB in the toilet, no joke, most immersive experience.

Mattias_ASUS
But yeah, it seems it is connected to the rate HUE flickers, this is why people with LED lights often do not do slow motion.
Quite headache inducing.

CuraeL
Star III
Yeah slowmotion would be horrible. But damn I wish it didn't happen on still images at least. 😞
Mattias_ASUS

But yeah, it seems it is connected to the rate HUE flickers, this is why people with LED lights often do not do slow motion.

Quite headache inducing.

View post

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Does your previous phone not have the same issue?

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.