Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else had Wi-Fi 6GHz working?

AndrewMcN
Star III

Model Name: Zenfone 9
Firmware Version: WW_33.0804.2060.73
Rooted or not: Not

I have the ROG router GT-AXE16000 which supports 6GHz Wi-Fi 6E. The Zenfone 9 says it supports tri-band Wi-Fi, including 6GHz. When the Zenfone scans for the 6GHz network, it can’t see it.

Has anyone else ever used this phone with 6GHz Wi-Fi?

Thanks in advance
6 REPLIES 6

DRO
Star I

Some problem here. Purchased last week gt axe16000, and can't see 6ghz band. Tried with samsung s22 ultra (which should be capable to connect to 6Ghz Wifi 6E band according to specs) and can not see the 6ghz wifi signal. Also bought and ax210 network card to tried a second way, and nothing, 6ghz wifi signal is not visible....very dissapointed. In the past had the same issue with a AC5300, with 2.4 band...history tend to repeat, had to get a new one....that time was easy to test due to multiple devices using that wifi technologie, now with 6ghz is different and more complicated matter. Contacted tech support and no useful help was given. Live in Argentina and got the router from US, and local tech support not even knew what was i taking about when mencioned the problem, even though, they were familiarized whith the axe16000, international warranty is no atanaible, at least in Argentina. Very sad...

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.