This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any suggestion on increasing shutter speed in auto mode camera of Asus Zenfone 9?

Rad27
Star II

I've use ZenFone 9 for a week now, at first I think the camera quality under daylight condition are fine. But I noticed that shutter speed is actually still kinda slow if the weather is a bit cloudy. Normally under sunlight I got 1/1000 up shutter, but when a little bit cloudy (it still bright) it drops to 1/125. Things getting worse inside a room with 1/30-1/50 shutter speed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

trailofsevens
Star II

I don't have the phone (considering it) but is there a minimum shutter speed limit you can set in the camera app? (As in not full manual, but something that's alongside auto mode)

If not - it would be great to be able to set a minimum shutter speed like many cameras and apps allow. It's the easiest solution to this that ASUS could do - and something I'd request also. The same setting solves many issues on GoPros too for example. It's way more user friendly than forcing people to use manual mode, when in reality this single setting will allow them to continue using auto mode but in an intelligent way.

That way it can automatically get faster to manage exposure during daylight/bright areas, and stay open longer when going indoors - but not to the point that things become a blurry mess.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

trailofsevens
Star II

I don't have the phone (considering it) but is there a minimum shutter speed limit you can set in the camera app? (As in not full manual, but something that's alongside auto mode)

If not - it would be great to be able to set a minimum shutter speed like many cameras and apps allow. It's the easiest solution to this that ASUS could do - and something I'd request also. The same setting solves many issues on GoPros too for example. It's way more user friendly than forcing people to use manual mode, when in reality this single setting will allow them to continue using auto mode but in an intelligent way.

That way it can automatically get faster to manage exposure during daylight/bright areas, and stay open longer when going indoors - but not to the point that things become a blurry mess.

After I read your reply, I try the Pro mode. Turned out you can manual on shutter speed and left the other (AF, ISO, WB) at auto, it solve the shutter problem! However after I tested it few times, there is still difference in the photo produced. The color from pro mode a bit greenish, even I use auto WB.

Here I use "Pro" mode with everything set on auto, only change the shutter speed.

P_20230119_100255.jpg

Here is the photo from normal mode, "Photo" mode

P_20230119_100300.jpg

trailofsevens
Star II

Thanks for the info! That's good that you can do manual shutter but auto everything else in pro mode. It'd be nice to have a minimum shutter  setting in the regular camera mode too though. If anyone from ASUS is here - since it lets even casual users get sharper low light results.

That green tint is strange too, it must be figuring out the WB differently between the two modes, or perhaps the Pro mode is lacking some of the processing that Auto has applied?

Yes agree, if they set the shutter speed limit higher on different lighting that would be nice. I'd prefer my image have a little bit of noise than having a blurry object.