Android 13 Chromecast issues

CuraeL
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 9 16GB version
Firmware Version: latest Android 13 beta
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Constant
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Android 13 Chromecast (Cast)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Since the previous Android 13 update + the current one, I can't Cast to my Cambridge Audio CXN v2 Network Streamer. Apple Music doesn't connect, Plex Music doesn't connect. Both apps can connect to Nest Speakers. I had no problem in Android 12 connecting - and it also worked at the beginning of Android 13. There must have been made some kind of change in one of the newer firmwares that broke perhaps 3rd party Cast targets?

I have only success with going to Google Home app and do "Full audio cast" to the Cambridge CXN v2. Then it casts "Phone audio" but no app can connect to it anymore for just streaming music.

I have been in contact with Cambridge Audio support and they don't have any other reports of this issue so I think something is wrong in Zenfone 9 at the moment.

Regards,
Jonas
3 REPLIES 3

Mansi_ASUS
Hey @CuraeL,
Did you install the A13 stable version?

CuraeL
Star III
@Mansi_ASUS Hi Mansi,

I don't know - have I? 33.0804.2060.65 - there's no update for my phone at the moment. 🙂

CuraeL
Star III
@Falcon_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @fussion_ASUS @Irene2_ASUS @Mansi_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @Laura_ASUS

Could one of you please get back to me? Can you please ask your developers what PIDs I need to add to adb logcat in order to fully log error or warning levels in regards to casting music? I would like to send them to you.

I am on stable 13, my 3rd party Cast device doesn't work. The Home speakers do. Cambridge Audio says they have no reports of Chromecast failing on Android 13 so I must assume it is something in your setup that handles 3rd party Chromecast built-in devices wrong. It worked fine on Android 12. Please, give me some support here guys. I need help. Escalate it to 2rd level or send it to a dev, I don't care - just help me out. 🙂 I'd be down for e-mail comms too since this will take some time to troubleshoot - but it doesn't help if you can't put me in contact with someone that can debug it.