Android 13 Bluetooth issues

TranceFormer
Star II
  1. Model Name: Zenfone 9
  2. Firmware Version: 33.0804.2060.113
  3. Rooted or not: Not rooted. 
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Daily
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): N/A

Hello, I'm having issues with Bluetooth ever since upgrading to Android 13. The main issue appears to be isolated when connecting to cars (both Android Auto and without).

While using Android Auto, my contacts don't sync , so I cannot tell who is calling me. When the car is turned off, the Bluetooth icon does not go away, and I have to cycle airplane mode to disconnect it. The phone itself is disconnected from the car though, just the icon persists. And at least once a day, simply connecting to either car will make my phone freeze; I have to reset it (power button + volume down) to get it back on.

In the car without Android Auto, I also experience persisting icon and phone freezing. The only difference is the contacts do sync.

I had none of these issues with Android 12. I've reset connections, cleared Bluetooth and Android Auto cache/files, uninstalled and re installed Android Auto from Play store, and unpaired and repaired my phone with the cars. Nothing helps.

Interestingly connecting and disconnecting to wireless ear buds is no problem and works as it should.

Any help/ideas would be appreciated, especially for the phone freezing up part.

Thanks! 

13 REPLIES 13

TranceFormer
Star II

Thanks for the advice so far. Unfortunately, I've tried all of these solutions (many times) and the issues persist.

@Mansi_ASUS any update from the team? Thanks! 

Have you got a reply?  I have the exact same issue with my phone even after sending it in for repair.

I'm also having the same issue, and have done all the troubleshooting steps that have been cited. In my case, the phone stays connected to my car's bluetooth even after the car is off. I have to toggle the bluetooth off and on to disconnect and hear people when they call me!

annamicko04
Star I

Some users have reported experiencing Bluetooth issues with Android 13, the latest version of the Android operating system. These issues can manifest in best various ways, including connectivity problems, pairing failures, audio stuttering or skipping, and inconsistent device recognition.

If you are encountering Bluetooth issues on Android 13, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the problem. First, ensure that Bluetooth is enabled on both your Android device and the device you are trying to connect to. Restarting both devices can also help refresh their Bluetooth connections.

If the issue persists, try unpairing and re-pairing the devices. Delete the existing Bluetooth pairing information on both devices, then initiate the pairing process again. It's worth noting that some devices may require a specific pairing sequence or have additional steps, so consulting the device manuals or support documentation is recommended.

TranceFormer
Star II

@RskarbUnfortunately I have not heard back.

@annamicko04I have tried all those suggestions, to no avail.

Honestly, the only improvement I've noticed is after the latest update. Now, the contact names show up (some are wrong though), while using Android Auto.

My persisting Bluetooth icon never goes away with any car. But it does with ear buds.

And most annoyingly, at least once a day, my phone (System UI)  freezes when connecting to a car, and needs a hard rest. This is really frustrating in the middle of a phone call.

Not sure what more to do aside from a factory reset, which I was hoping to avoid. @Rskarb your issue is exactly the same on the new phone, or any changes?

Thanks all.