Android 13 Bluetooth issues

TranceFormer
Star II
  1. Model Name: Zenfone 9
  2. Firmware Version: 33.0804.2060.113
  3. Rooted or not: Not rooted. 
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Daily
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): N/A

Hello, I'm having issues with Bluetooth ever since upgrading to Android 13. The main issue appears to be isolated when connecting to cars (both Android Auto and without).

While using Android Auto, my contacts don't sync , so I cannot tell who is calling me. When the car is turned off, the Bluetooth icon does not go away, and I have to cycle airplane mode to disconnect it. The phone itself is disconnected from the car though, just the icon persists. And at least once a day, simply connecting to either car will make my phone freeze; I have to reset it (power button + volume down) to get it back on.

In the car without Android Auto, I also experience persisting icon and phone freezing. The only difference is the contacts do sync.

I had none of these issues with Android 12. I've reset connections, cleared Bluetooth and Android Auto cache/files, uninstalled and re installed Android Auto from Play store, and unpaired and repaired my phone with the cars. Nothing helps.

Interestingly connecting and disconnecting to wireless ear buds is no problem and works as it should.

Any help/ideas would be appreciated, especially for the phone freezing up part.

Thanks! 

13 REPLIES 13

Mansi_ASUS

Hey @TranceFormer,
Could you please share a Bluetooth log file?
Please follow the below steps to enable the built-in log tool (Bug reporter).
1.  Open “Calculator APP”
2.  Enter “.19595+=”
3.  Select the Log type according to the type of issue you want to capture. “Bluetooth”
4.  After your selection the log tool will exit so you can duplicate the issue or wait for it to happen. Try to use the screen recorder to show your issue when possible. If you can't screen record your issue, then please take a screenshot right after the issue has occurred (as a timestamp) so we know where to look in the log.
5.  Navigate back to the log tool via calculator and Tap "FINISH AND SHARE".
6. It takes several minutes for the log to generate. You can exit and do other stuff in the meantime. A silent notification will tell you once the process is done. Tap the notification and then the share button to upload the file to Google Drive and share the link with a moderator. Just make sure to change the permission first so that everyone with the link has permission to view it.
Note: When you're no longer planning on logging your device, enter “.09595+=” in the calculator and the log tool will stop as well as deleting all stored log files. Make sure to share via calculator. The files found in internal storage -> asus_log are not the correct files (they are only 1.2kb)

Thank you for your reply. I will generate the log report and contact you.

michael098
Star I

Android 13 Bluetooth issues refer to problems or difficulties encountered when using Bluetooth connectivity on devices running the Android 13 operating system. Bluetooth is a wireless technology that allows for the transmission of data and audio between devices, such as smartphones, tablets, and accessories.

If users are facing Bluetooth issues on Android 13, they may encounter problems like difficulty pairing or connecting to Bluetooth devices, frequent disconnections, poor audio quality, or limited range. These issues can arise due to a variety of factors, including software bugs, compatibility problems, or hardware limitations.

Shamid
Star I
  1. Restart your device: A simple restart can often fix temporary glitches or connectivity issues with Bluetooth. Turn off your device, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.

2. Toggle Bluetooth on and off: Go to the Settings app on your Android device, find the Bluetooth option, and turn it off. Wait for a few seconds, then turn it back on. This can refresh the Bluetooth connection and resolve minor issues.

3. Forget and reconnect the Bluetooth device: If you're having trouble connecting to a specific Bluetooth device, go to the Bluetooth settings, find the device, and select "Forget" or "Unpair." Then, try to reconnect to the device as if it were a new pairing.

4. Clear Bluetooth cache and data: In the Android settings, go to the "Apps" or "Applications" section, find the Bluetooth app, and clear its cache and data. This step can help resolve issues related to Bluetooth settings and  difference configurations .

5. Update system software and Bluetooth firmware: Ensure that your Android device is running the latest available software updates. Manufacturers often release updates that address compatibility and connectivity issues. Additionally, check if there are any firmware updates available for your Bluetooth device and apply them if necessary.

6. Safe mode and third-party apps: Restart your device in safe mode to check if any third-party apps are interfering with Bluetooth functionality. If Bluetooth works fine in safe mode, it indicates that a third-party app is causing the problem. Uninstall