This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A washout defect/light-spot just appeared on my display.

rveez311
Star I

It occurs in the lower third, center of the display. The spot is about the size of the thumbprint.

The spot is most noticeable when viewing a scrolling white background with dark text. Also, if I max out the brightness, it's not as noticeable.  

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/q1SbOLTymY8 

Has anyone else seen this happen on their Zenfone 9 before?

Model # AI2202
Firmware Build # WW_33.0804.2060.8

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like fiso34.
16 REPLIES 16

Friagram
Star I

I think I will get a Google or Samsung phone. For computers, I just purchased MSI laptop last week. At work, I am thinking about going with HP or Lenovo. I have had good after dale support from those companies in the past.

Asus has destroyed my confidence in their after sales support. Quality of Asus products also seems rather poor.  This is due to poor selection of components ultimately due to poor engineering. The last Asus product I bought that lasted longer than 2 years was the old android transformer tablet back in early 2010 or so. Every Asus laptop, monitor, router, phone, keyboard, etc. Has failed under 3 years. Usually it is something like buttons/switches. I used to buy Asus products, perhaps 3-4 a year over the past 20 years. Now this will be 0. Asus needs to do better, and stand by their products.

polishzenfone
Star II

I had the same defect 9 months after purchase.