This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 Suddenly Dead

reddevil2068
Star II

I got my Zenfone 8 in March 2022. And a few days ago it suddenly died: screen is black, no matter what I press or when I plug it in to charge. Led indicator also does not turn on, when plugging it in to charge.

The only signs of life are: when plugging it to the PC, and playing around with the buttons, eventually, PC indicates some connection. It appears in Windows Device Manager under 'other devices' as "QUSB_BULK_SN:F07C...". I also noticed the led blinking for some time, just before the PC recognizes some connected (as this EDL mode is loading?).

The device was not rooted.

Is there anything I can do to recover the data I have on the phone?

Is there anything I can do to try to fix the phone?

Thank you

11 REPLIES 11

tochmi
Zen Master I

Have you tried contacting technical support? 

Where, how? Without valid warranty, is it possible?

Of course, I'm surprised by your question!

There must be an authorized service provider in your country. If it's not under warranty, you'll be charged for the repair. 

Go to the main Asus website, register the serial number and request a repair or locate a technical service near you.

This is almost certainly a problem with the motherboard, as with many other owners. I've no intention paying for an expensive repair on a 2 year old phone, where in most likelihood I will not even be able to get my data back, nor even paying an expensive fee, to have a technician look at it, and tell me this.

I would like to see what is possible to do myself.