This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone 8 is not automatically locking.

Simonmdr7
Star I

My phone is not automatically locking. The only way to lock it, and trigger the pattern recognition security feature, is to power it down and then restart. At the moment when I turn on, it simply bypasses the security feature. How do I get it to require the security procedure when I turn it on ?

3 REPLIES 3

keren_ASUS

Hi @Simonmdr7 

What firmware version are you on? 

Simonmdr7
Star I

I found out what the problem was. In fact there WAS no problem. In fact I had set up face ID as a method to unlock the screen. It works pretty quickly and I didn't realise that it was that mechanism that was unlocking the phone, so it looked ostensibly as if the screen lock was not working.

I should mention, when I went to Asus tech support with this, I was advised straight off the bat to take it to a repair shop. I don't think the brightest and the best are working in Asus tech support, and they certainly don't care about the company's bottom line.  

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.