This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 GPS disabled when display turned off, despite settings ensuring maximum performance

tbessie
Star III
My prior Android phones let me use Google Maps and navigation while the phone's display was off.
On my Zenfone 8, even with "maximum performance" settings and making sure that there are no limits on Google Maps, when I start a navigation and get going, if I turn the display off, I very soon get a "GPS signal lost" announcement.
I've re-checked all my settings, and everything is set correctly to avoid this, yet it still happens.
Has anyone else had this issue?
5 REPLIES 5

Christian_ZF8
Rising Star I
Hello everyone, here the same thing happens, if you erase the screen, you lose the gps signal, even on android 12

tbessie
Star III
Christian_ZF8

Hello everyone, here the same thing happens, if you erase the screen, you lose the gps signal, even on android 12

View post
I think you mean "turn off" the screen, not "erase" 🙂
A shame this is happening for more than just me. I hope other people will chime in to tell us if this DOESN'T happen with their Zenfone 8, so we know it has to do with some settings we may have in common.

Christian_ZF8
Rising Star I
tbessie

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/200230#Comment_200230

I think you mean "turn off" the screen, not "erase" 🙂

A shame this is happening for more than just me. I hope other people will chime in to tell us if this DOESN'T happen with their Zenfone 8, so we know it has to do with some settings we may have in common.

View post
@Irene2_ASUS could you help us by providing some configuration that maybe is wrong? thanks

tbessie
Star III
I just upgraded to Android 12, and this problem went away. So either it's something to do with Android 11, or Asus's firmware for Android 11 in particular, or upgrading to Android 12 changed some setting somewhere...