This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 bricked in EDL mode one day after warranty expired

shimganar
Star I

Had the phone for a year plus one day. It suddenly bricked with black screen while I was using it. This happened one day after the one year warranty! The service center said it's out of warranty and I have to pay, etc. Wondering whether to just keep it as a brick (and an example of what crappy company not to buy from) or to try to fix it, or just pay up to them despite how angry I am. What a bad product! Is it bad luck or could they have engineered it to last only as long as their warranty period?! The phone always has a black screen now and a computer recognizes it as a QUSB_BULK_ device. It seems to be a known hardware problem. No luck to fix on my own. Should I give up or bite the bullet and pay them?

6 REPLIES 6

Not much help to you know, but always back up your important data,  either to PC via cable or to the cloud 🙂

Would you mind sharing to whom you went? Business? Personal friend? I've got a unable to boot issue I posted about in the forum and I am also coincidentally just a short period out of warranty. I also would like to keep my data (has some important backup codes I need-- ironically).