This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 bricked in EDL mode one day after warranty expired

shimganar
Star I

Had the phone for a year plus one day. It suddenly bricked with black screen while I was using it. This happened one day after the one year warranty! The service center said it's out of warranty and I have to pay, etc. Wondering whether to just keep it as a brick (and an example of what crappy company not to buy from) or to try to fix it, or just pay up to them despite how angry I am. What a bad product! Is it bad luck or could they have engineered it to last only as long as their warranty period?! The phone always has a black screen now and a computer recognizes it as a QUSB_BULK_ device. It seems to be a known hardware problem. No luck to fix on my own. Should I give up or bite the bullet and pay them?

6 REPLIES 6

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @shimganar , We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

I have PM you for confirming the details.
Could you please check the PM inbox at the top right corner of the screen and kindly provide the requested information?

Thank you.

the_G
Star III

I had an issue with mine, it wouldnt  work properly after upgrade to Android13  and it was over a year old,  but they fixed it for free.  The warranty is 2yrs

Maybe it depends upon the country/province you're in? I can't find a solid date anywhere but the online registration portal shows out of warranty for me. This is reeking like some scammy scammersons if you ask me...

Haruto74
Star II

My zenfone 8 got bricked 27 days after one-year warranty.  Asus said all my data would be gone once it gets fixed~~~  Therefore, I asked somebody else to fix it (it was CPU problem which needed to recap) in order to keep data.  I will not buy ASUS phone again!