This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 bricked- desperate

suicidal-zf8
Star II

Out of nowhere, my Zenfone 8 has died. Its a complete brick. It worked fine, I restarted it, checked in a few minutes later, and it showed absoluetly no signs of life. Not even a LED light flashing when plugged in, no sounds when pluigging in, doesn't respond to button presses.... nothing. Its a brick.

I had important documents, a lot of sentimental pictures, a whole host of voice notes..... and all is lost. It has left me sad, broken, suicidal... I mean, I lost so **bleep**ing much I might as well hang myself now.

It has been manufactured on 2021.04. Warranty is long gone.

I see that its a growing trend... and it doesn't make it any easier.

I haven't seen any ways to restore the data. All I want is the **bleep**ing data. You don't exactly count on your phone becoming a brick, so while it is my fault for not backign it up propperly and timely, I am nevertheless a victim of obviously bad manufacturing as the data can just randomly be lost without a way to recover it.

Is there any way to  recover the data? Transplating the NAND, anything??? Is there a fix to this? What do we know about it? Will there be a class action lawsuit? How many phones are gone?

Asus, sincierly, go **bleep** yourself. On my phone I even had "if found return to ----- for a reward", discouraging anyone from stealing or anything... but you just cant prepeare against a system failiure such as this,.

I just need my data back.

6 REPLIES 6

Falcon_ASUS

@suicidal-zf8 
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please check the top right corner and kindly share the serial number and details requested in the PM inbox.
Thank you.

nvubu
Rising Star I

@suicidal-zf8 - please also post into this thread - I am not a moderator

To Asus and all owners of a dead Zenfone 8 - ASUS - ZenTalk - 405921

nasch007
Rising Star II

There are ways you can get the raw data to dump if you can get into EDL mode. I was able to raw dump of every partition for 128GB of data.

Unfortunately, it is encrypted with unbreakable encryption tied to the motherboard/processor. I have a huge file that I will never be able to do anything with. Perhaps someone like NorthridgeFix (https://northridgefix.com/) check out their youtube channel as well, or other micro-electronics repair person could fix the motherboard. Otherwise, I'm not sure you'll be able to salvage as even data recovery centers I doubt would be able to crack Android file encryption.

Yea, that is what I was afraid of the most. Motherboard level encryption. Sounds like a nightmare.

I'm still hoping that theres a chance someone finds a way to resolve the issue, maybe finds out what exactly is causing the motherboard to fail so that the part can be swapped... I have heard rummors that reballing teh CPU can work... so maybe some time in the future I am able to get the data back.