This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi blacklisting SSID issue

camillo_sars
Star III
I am having problems where the Zenfone8 will blacklist (refuse to reconnect) to my home WiFi after I have moved between APs a few times. I have three different APs (all dual-band).
Removing and re-adding the network doesn't help, only rebooting the phone resolves the issue.
I suspect there is some bug in the network scoring code, which doesn't prioritize my "home" network enough.
Anyone else experiencing problems with dropping wifi connectivity?
3 REPLIES 3

camillo_sars
Star III
This seems to have got much worse with the recent update. There really needs to be a way to prevent this blacklisting without rebooting the phone several times a day!

camillo_sars
Star III
camillo.sars

This seems to have got much worse with the recent update. There really needs to be a way to prevent this blacklisting without rebooting the phone several times a day!

View post
I figured out what triggers this - we use Unifi devices, and a recent firmware update broke 802.11ac pretty badly. Still, I think the user of the Zenfone should be able to "whitelist" a bad quality network without having to reboot the phone..

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @camillo.sars,
Glad to hear you were able to solve your issue. Let me know if you run into any other issues related to Wi-Fi in the future.