Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi and hotspot can't turn on after A13 update And latest security update

Hildaaa
Star II

Hi Asus team...
I have a problem can't turn on wifi and hotspot, it doesn't work at all
It all started after I updated Android 13 and the latest security update, suddenly when I opened the WhatsApp chat application my phone died and when I turned on, wifi and the hotspot couldn't connect.

I've tried the FAQ to troubleshoot this wifi, And have also done a factory reset, But that didn't work it still won't turn on

This is very important because for me to work, and I went to the service center where I was placed, the costs Repair were very expensive, like a new phone, I bought a Zenfone 8 for long term needs, But what I got was a problem even though I had only used it for more than a year, it was very difficult to pay for repairs...

my Zenfone 8 warranty period has expired, can I get an additional warranty?

I attached the screenshot, thank you.

23 REPLIES 23

Previously, I downgraded to Android 12 and the WiFi worked, but for a while my device turned off and when I turned it back on, the WiFi turned off and I couldn't use it. So it's useless for me to downgrade to android 12 only solves the problem temporarily

We need to wait for the next firmware update I guess that they already working to fix these issues, I've seen a lot of older post encountered same issues as of now we need to wait for the firmware update..

I'm sure this is a software problem, because when I downgrade to Android 12 WiFi and the hotspot can return to normal, although temporarily, maybe because I've upgraded to Android 13 so the system still detects the same problem, but if we go to the service center, why is the hardware repaired, the solution is to replace the motherboard which is as expensive as a new phone

Hi @Yinkloong 

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please check the top right corner and kindly share the serial number and details requested in the PM inbox.

Thank you!

ceejeey
Star II

Last week I posted the same issue and a support message me directly to send the device to a service center which I did not since I also see so much post with the same problem. 

Support ask me also to give my phone number so a local support can contact me. Until now did not receive a call.