cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE and Wifi Calling on Zenfone 8 Telenor NO

svein_vidar
Star I
Hi
What's the status on VoLTE and Wifi Calling on Zenfone 8 in Norway (Telenor)?
29 REPLIES 29

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
From what we have been informed - Telenor has not approved nor wanted to verify Zenfone 8 yet but hopefully we can get there one day.

czinege_tamas
Star III
Is Telenor generally refusing the verification of Z8 VoLTE, or just in Norway?
I am also at Telenor but at Telenor Hungary, therefore I would be interested. Thanks!

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
czinege.tamas

Is Telenor generally refusing the verification of Z8 VoLTE, or just in Norway?

I am also at Telenor but at Telenor Hungary, therefore I would be interested. Thanks!

View post
Refusing is not the correct word. As we've mentioned in the past, support for VoLTE really needs the efforts of both ASUS and the operators - one-sided enablement which some users keep saying we should do because "some other vendor" does it, can and often does, lead to unforseen issues.

The challenge for our teams is to also ensure validation is done everywhere, with every operator - this takes a long time , even more so if it is not prioritised.
From what we see, there is no roadmap to VoLTE for Telenor Hungary at this point..

frode_nesvold
Star III
But, VoLte for Telenor is on Asus roadmap for the Zenfone 8? Have Telenor been contacted?
I see that other providers in Norway are already supported, like Ice, so its strange that there's little push from Asus to get the biggest one on board.