This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vibro response in Gboard Zenfone 8

firsov_e_v87
Star II
Hello everyone. I have a question about vibro in Zenfone 8. I feeling two different vibro:
1) first type (default/regular vibro , ERM) when anyone calling or when receive message. Also this type applied in Gboard. Vibro response when typing.
2) the second type( vibro like a "knock", LRA) when you scrolling menu and reaching the end or when you do gesture back.
Question is why Gboard do not use vibro like a "knock" but use default/regular vibro? I have Meizu 15 and in Gboard vibro response working as "knock". This type of vibro tactilely more pleasant. As I understand that this needs to be configured in the software environment but if I am wrong please explain.
Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
firsov.e.v87

Hello everyone. I have a question about vibro in Zenfone 8. I feeling two different vibro:

1) first type (default/regular vibro , ERM) when anyone calling or when receive message. Also this type applied in Gboard. Vibro response when typing.

2) the second type( vibro like a "knock", LRA) when you scrolling menu and reaching the end or when you do gesture back.

Question is why Gboard do not use vibro like a "knock" but use default/regular vibro? I have Meizu 15 and in Gboard vibro response working as "knock". This type of vibro tactilely more pleasant. As I understand that this needs to be configured in the software environment but if I am wrong please explain.

Thanks.

Might be some special setting you have. On my ZF8 I feel the "knock" vibration when typing

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
firsov.e.v87

Thanks.

Might be some special setting you have. On my ZF8 I feel the "knock" vibration when typing

firsov_e_v87
Star II
Hello. Sorry but I am not sure which special settings you mean. I only enabled vibro in gboard menu and try to choose various response strangth. But I do not feel "knock" vibro when typing like system vibro in menus. And this does not depend which response strangth I choose.

Sim1
Star III
Try on SwiftKey

firsov_e_v87
Star II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/49471/vibro-response-in-gboard-zenfone-8

View post
I resolved this issue. "Knocking" vibro working only when you set vibro response strength as "default". If you change vibro response strength, you feel "standard" vibro. I don't know why this work like that. You can try. In my situation something going wrong and when I set vibro as "default" vibro stay as "standard" and do not change to "knock". My steps to resolve this issue: go to the Play market and remove all updates for gboard. Then install udates. Thats all. Now vibro working correct but you can not change vibro response strength.