This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden excessive battery drain with new update

chrastitko
Star I

Hi,  ASUS Zenfone 8 shows excessive battery drain. It started showing up after the penultimate update. Current version: 33.0210.0210.332. I normally charge overnight. Now in the evening regularly 20-30% less battery capacity than before the update. Settings-Battery-Battery usage is excessive in "Others", other applications and the system have battery drain without changes.

12 REPLIES 12

Miki1
Star II

I have the same problem on my Asus Zenfone 8. Firmware 33.0210.0210.332. Baterry drain by Others is very huge. Baterry consumption is almost 40%.I have to admin that the phone has been hard reset. Sim card is not inserted, I did not install any application and baterry consumption by Others is so high. Asus please fix it! 

keren_ASUS

Hello @chrastitko 

Can you please reboot your phone, and charge the battery to 100% and observe is the problem persists? If you still notice the problem, please let me know;

1. Under what scenario does the battery drain issue happen? Is it while you're using the phone or while the phone is suspended. 

2. Share a screenshot of the battery usage. 

Thanks! 

I turned off the battery charge limit and charged the phone to 100%. The battery drain problem persists. 36% energy consumption in others. I rate it according to the daily load.

SabrinaC
Star II

I'm experiencing a similar issue with my ASUS Zenfone 8. Since updating to version 33.0210.0210.332, I've noticed a 20-30% increase in battery drain, with 'Others' consuming a significant portion of the battery according to the settings.

Best regards

liteblueinsider.com  

Hello everyone, 

Can you please reboot your phone, and charge the battery to 100% and observe is the problem persists? If you still notice the problem, please let me know;

1. Under what scenario does the battery drain issue happen? Is it while you're using the phone or while the phone is suspended. 

2. Share a screenshot of the battery usage.