This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snapchat selfie camera looks like it was recorded on a 2011 Nintendo 3DS *with proof*

off2fly115
Rising Star II
As the title says, the front camera on the Zenfone 8 for Snapchat looks and sounds like it was quite literally recorded on a Nintendo 3DS from 2011. Never have I ever been so embarrassed to post my own videos on my Snapchat story because of the quality of the front camera. The back/main camera isn't perfect, but it's tolerable. But the front is just absolutely horrible. I will post 4 videos and 1 picture that I shot on my Zenfone 8 with the latest Android 12 firmware installed. Ignore my face, I chose actual videos that I recorded at school and with friends using the front camera on Snapchat so you guys can see just how bad it looks in real life scenarios.
4 videos and 1 picture below. All recorded on Snapchat FRONT camera. Videos are all grainy and the sound is staticky. Please Asus fix this. I'm so tired of being made fun of for my camera quality. This phone was released in 2021... 🤦‍♂️😕
snapchat-1267071241.jpg

33 REPLIES 33

off2fly115
Rising Star II
Danishblunt

@off2fly115

Since reading isnt exacly your strong suit let me make it obvious, that even a person who has trouble reading the english language understands.

You clearly didnt read the article because the update has been pushed back then

Back then refering to back in 2019 when you supposedly saw a huge image quality boost on your ZF6.

Here is the changelog of every single firmware which they have pushed for the Zenfone 6, now which update states they improved picture quality of 3rd party apps? Exacly, none. At this point you're embarresing yourself.

Providing that ZF6 update with the supposed camera update is quite impossible isn't it? 🤡

As for your claim on ASUS improving on snapchat, they did no such thing. It's simply a miscommunication between the marketing folks and the devs, the devs improved on camera on the mods thought it refered to 3rd party apps as well, which as we all know today it doesn't which can be further proven by checking out the changelogs that never mention snapchat or 3rd party application camera support

To make things even easier, the fact you're sitting here still complaining about the awful image quality which is equally bad as pre .103 update once again completely proves my point.

I wonder if you're actually trying to look dumb on purpose at this point as you clearly have difficulties processing information. Since multitasking isn't your strong suit, lets start with the very first challenge.

Find the supposed ZF6 update that improves on the Snapchat image quality.

View post
@ZF8User I agree btw. I find it hard to believe that he actually owns a Zenfone in the first place.

Blumi
Rising Star II
lol, this is pure gold.

A thread where a US kid complains about its bad selfie cam of a third party app - without hard any proof - while lecturing people on the English language.
Thank you for the entertainment!

off2fly115
Rising Star II
Blumi

lol, this is pure gold.

A thread where a US kid complains about its bad selfie cam of a third party app - without hard any proof - while lecturing people on the English language.

Thank you for the entertainment!

View post
"Without any hard proof" yet, you choose to ignore the picture and videos I uploaded above. As well as the 2nd guy who also agrees that the camera quality is unnecessarily grainy. Ok 👍

PhaGWiZ
Rising Star I
I won't reply anymore I'm making a fool of myself for getting involved in this endless debate. 😁 I can feel my braincells melting as we are literally 3 idiots shouting at wall over such a minor issue

off2fly115
Rising Star II
ZF8User

I won't reply anymore I'm making a fool of myself for getting involved in this endless debate. 😁 I can feel my braincells melting as we are literally 3 idiots shouting at wall over such a minor issue

View post
Yeah I agree. At this point, I don't even care about the issue anymore. This debate has gotten so out of hand to the point even I'm losing interest. Debate aside tho, I just hope that the camera and mic quality will improve. I trust Asus.