cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone goes crazy without reason

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
Hi,
after last OTA update I had this issue three times.
When browsing menu, scrolling through notification panel etc. screen goes black with only two higlighted lines on display sides. When trying to lock/unlock, lock screen content just goes crazy and shakes. There is nothing I can do, screen doesn't work. After minute or two, phone goes back to normal.
Did anyone else experience such a weird issue?
I'm using Zenfone for a year, and waiting when warranty goes to end... Still no volte, danger of dying motherboards (ramdump) and now this.... Phone is completely unreliable 😞
13 REPLIES 13

frantsy
Star III
I am having a different issue with notification panel after firmware updated to 31.1010.0410.61.
If I have VPN enabled (I'm using Netguard), when the notificaiton panel is fully opened, I cannot simply scroll up to close it, as the screen will just go scrolling up endlessly. Only way to exit this is tapping the back button. Terrible mess.
It appears that the expected message of "Device connected to xxx" is not showing properly.

erik_paladin
Rising Star I
frantsy

I am having a different issue with notification panel after firmware updated to 31.1010.0410.61.

If I have VPN enabled (I'm using Netguard), when the notificaiton panel is fully opened, I cannot simply scroll up to close it, as the screen will just go scrolling up endlessly. Only way to exit this is tapping the back button. Terrible mess.

It appears that the expected message of "Device connected to xxx" is not showing properly.

View post
I'm having the same problem with the notification panel when VPN is running.
So fun to still be beta-testing this phone over a year after release!

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
I was able to record this behavior.
And sure, it happens only when connected to my company VPN. @CH_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @Irene2_ASUS @Kris_ASUS
Can you take a look at it. Will this be repaired somehow?

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
Any update Asus mods? Phone can't be used normally after last OTA