This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone freezes/restarts during phone calls

StaggeredAmusem
Star II
I've had my Zenfone 8 for a week and a half and keep running into an odd bug. When taking a call using my headphones plugged into the 3.5mm jack, the Zenfone 8 freezes and restarts within 2 minutes of starting the call. This doesn't happen with bluetooth headphones, nor when using the earpiece of the Zenfone 8. I've tried multiple wired headphones, and the issue persists. I'm on the most recent software update, and this persists after a factory reset.
Has anyone else encountered this bug? Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?
31 REPLIES 31

Msgyver
Star I
Msgyver

I bought my ZenFone 8 two days ago, and love the phone, but during 4 of the 8 calls I made (all this morning), the phone reset itself.

Yes, I did use wired Headphones for each call. Phone seems to be up to date, there are no software updates available at the moment

View post
@Irene2_ASUS, is any fix, or workaround, or possibly even compensation being deployed or worked on?

yecora
Star I
Any indications on solving this issue please! It's frustrating not being able to use the wired headset for phone calls.
Version 30.12.112.62