Did you mean: 

people ear echo while in speaker mode

RobertFastec
Star II

Model Name: Zenfone 8
Firmware Version: M3 13 24 79
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): any talk in speaker mode

If all the people owning a Zenfone 8 would use speaker mode, this thread would be endless

Asus delivered Zenfone 8 with this big issue and only people using speaker mode discovered it

Try by your own. People on the other side cannot talk with you because they ear their self voice and it becomes impossible for them to talk with you

Speaker mode is a must and you admitted this issue when now most of the phones are out of warranty

37 REPLIES 37

afsilva
Star III

Finally some good news to be shared.

Today I received the phone from the second RMA and this time the issue has been fixed for good. According to technical report the main board was replaced, which confirms a hardware fault on my case (I assume the microphones module are part of the main board).

So for anyone having the same symptoms, keep pushing and don't be fooled by some smart ass that says there's nothing wrong.

Special thanks to @Mattias_ASUS for the support on this one. I believe you played a major role on case escalation and final outcome. Cheers for that!

Which confirms that an amount of Zenfone 8 and 9 have been delivered with a defect and Asus fooled people saying it was not a factory defect

I think a class action would help in this case

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.