This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Zenfone 8 still worth it?

fugami1
Star I

I was a proud user of OnePlus 5 for five years untill dropped on the floor this morning and screen went black. It was a decent phone with good battery life (still was charging once a day, every two days earlier). Pure Android which means it is fast and does not slow down within years. Good size but I'd preffer smaller. Recent OnePlust (not only) phones just got bigger what push me back from this brand.

I was waiting for ZF9 but apparently support cycle is 2 years only. I preffer stock or close to stock Android and can't justify 800$ price tag for something what is half-baked and has a short support cycle.

But the ZF8 is more than 200$ cheaper compared to Zenfone 9. Not sure how long is support cycle of it but less than 600$ does not look as bad.

How is the longetivity of Zenfone 8? Is battery still keeping up after year use? Is it worth the money? Did it become slower or not? Would you buy it today? Do upgrades on ZF9 solves any significat problems ZF8 has? Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

tzsolt
Rising Star I

because of Asus manufacturer - no

Have to agree. Seems like parts are hard to come by and there have been loads of people reporting ramdump and other errors. They just don't seem to last more than a year or two. The money you save will more than likely just go towards an out of warranty repair or a new phone in a year or two. I just made a post about the RMA experience you're in for. The next phone I purchase will be a fairphone or nothing phone 2.

Cyslawo
Rising Star II

The problem with ramdump is farly exaggerated, the phone is still fast and reliable, but there are two things: first check volte/vowifi support in you country, because Asus abandoned the development of these features, so if there's no support, it will not be added.

Second are updates, this phone have two years and get 2 big Android updates, so there won't be any newer upgrade. You get android 13 and thats all.

Second are updates, this phone have two years and get 2 big Android updates, so there won't be any newer upgrade. You get android 13 and thats all.

I think u re right but here are many bugs in os.