cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy Zenfone 8 users?

huerzgiorg
Star II
Hi everyone.

I am a happy ASUS user in its overall but since now, i am sticking into the pc side (1x ASUS desktop MoBo and 2x ASUS Laptop, using one of them now by 8 years and still working fine)

I have to replace my actual phone (not ASUS) since after 4 years of using it, it is now a "spicy pillow" (for those not knowing, the battery is inflating) +other minor issues.
For info, i appreciate phones with small screen. Actual is a 4.6" in a 129 x 65 x 9.3 mm frame.

At the moment, if i want something small lasting about the same, i don't have really big choice. Like 2 phones i think. Sony and Samsung.
Most likely needs to be a flagship one, so it will not get "old" in half or less of the time
+ I don't really like Samsung UI so, only 1 v 1 actually, and ASUS costs ~350 USD less than the sony
Waiting for the black friday (hope mine does not die before) i choosed to google a little bit and found out that one of them, (so now i am here) seems to have very good datasheet, but, also some problems (?)
Ramdump issue at first, which seems very scary.
Phone calls with jack-headphones causing restart of the phone, which would annoy me because i would use my older headphones while walking in the streets avoiding outside noises (cars and so on) and hearing what my caller is saying (is that problem for everyone or its just someone facing it, and others do not?)

I don't want to create a big mess here. My asking is, is there someone also happy with the phone?

Can someone maybe share its using experience?

22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
There is really no phone like it in the android world in terms of size and power in the flagship space.
Overall please with the phone. some things to improve
screen refresh rate, to work on color profile of 90hz as it has a slight tint vs 60/120 as mentioned above. Auto should toggle between 60/120, but now it is 60 and 90 only, and will go to 60 in google maps and camera
BATTERY Life - not the greatest given small phone with large 4000 battery. takes some time to settle in, i find durable mode, turn off background battery mgmt and adaptive battery helps. best i can do is 0.5% drain /hr in standby, overall get about 5 hour SOT, unplug 6am and need a charge at 9pm.. This is with 120hz. some people here mention the resort to 3g cellular and 60hz for better battery but that defeats purpose of flagship.
anyone can share their full battery settings to achieve 6 hr SOT for full day use?

TR_simpZ
Star III
I've been using 90Hz and not noticing any color tint issues.
I'm using a thick RhinoShield case, and I think the not-too-thin side-bezels help with side-swipe gestures. This is my first phone where I forced myself to adapt to Android 10 gestures, and I can pretty much say I'm no longer going back to the old-skool Back button.
The fingersprint scanner has a VERY OBVIOUS issue with always-on. Just by unlocking the AOD to Lock screen with the double-tap gesture, without changing the placement and orientation of my thumb, without wiping any dirt or moist off my thumb, the effectiveness of the fingerprint scanner increases three-fold. It doesn't happen all the time but more often if you've just walked outdoors and take the phone out of your pocket. ASUS developers just need to nail down the root cause which I'm sure is within the AOD itself. I have turned off all battery and power optimization features and it is still the same. I don't use any screen protector.

koallawindows10
Rising Star I
huerzgiorg

Hi everyone.

I am a happy ASUS user in its overall but since now, i am sticking into the pc side (1x ASUS desktop MoBo and 2x ASUS Laptop, using one of them now by 8 years and still working fine)

I have to replace my actual phone (not ASUS) since after 4 years of using it, it is now a "spicy pillow" (for those not knowing, the battery is inflating) +other minor issues.

For info, i appreciate phones with small screen. Actual is a 4.6" in a 129 x 65 x 9.3 mm frame.

At the moment, if i want something small lasting about the same, i don't have really big choice. Like 2 phones i think. Sony and Samsung.

Most likely needs to be a flagship one, so it will not get "old" in half or less of the time

+ I don't really like Samsung UI so, only 1 v 1 actually, and ASUS costs ~350 USD less than the sony

Waiting for the black friday (hope mine does not die before) i choosed to google a little bit and found out that one of them, (so now i am here) seems to have very good datasheet, but, also some problems (?)

Ramdump issue at first, which seems very scary.

Phone calls with jack-headphones causing restart of the phone, which would annoy me because i would use my older headphones while walking in the streets avoiding outside noises (cars and so on) and hearing what my caller is saying (is that problem for everyone or its just someone facing it, and others do not?)

I don't want to create a big mess here. My asking is, is there someone also happy with the phone?

Can someone maybe share its using experience?

Happy Zenfone 8 users?
I am happy with this phone, but some drawbacks overheating (like any other 888) poot battery life that will be better with android 12 but the phone is really dopee

kzm
Star III
I'm also happy with my ZenFone8.
Previously i had HTC One M8 which had everything I needed: was the size that fits my hand, had aluminium body and powerful specs.
Since then I was looking for the phone with the right size, right specs and durable (aluminium). The only phone on the market (I was constantly monitoring GSM Arena) that fulfilled my requirements was Samsung S10e, but I don't like Samsungs.
Finally ASUS ZenfFone8 came out!
It is durable: so far I dropped it several times and nothing happened (but the person who thought that putting glass on the back is a good idea should burn in hell, because since the first drop I have small glass crack on the back - hopefully the last one)
It has powerful specs (although I'm missing IRDA :D). The only drawback is lack of wireless charging
It has perfect size: fits perfectly in my hands
So far I had only minor issues with it

abatobato
Star II
Sim1

Imagine complaining about bezels lmao... Also I use Spotify everyday, with wired and BT headphones and never an issue. Also dinamic mode has nothing to do with screen refresh rate, modes don't change the screen refresh rate, there's a quick tile for that.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/192861#Comment_192861

I find the device to be very good. Battery is nothing fenomenal but I get 6 hours SOT constantly. Screen is awesome, 120hz is very good, 90hz has a tint issue. Audio stereo is awesome, is on par if not better than an iPhone 12 pro max super. Camera is good, worse than Samsung or Pixel, but is good. Video are awesome in 4k60 fps. 8k is laggy, I'd say unusable but I don't care at all.

Software is great, I really like zenui and there's plenty of great options.

SD 888 is overkill, it tends to overheat even on small tasks,but it got better with OTAs.

It has some issue with VoLTE in some regions and with certain carriers, maybe check before buying if you care about it.

Too bad about ramdump issue but only thing I can do is hope I don't get it... If it will die I will ask for a refund.

View post
Im not totally satisfied,auto reboot really sucks