This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging problem with 3rd party charger

cytrus224
Rising Star I
Hey, i have some problems charging zenfone8 with Baseus GAN2 PRO 65w charger. If i connect the phone to the first type-c it will charge 1%, maybe 2% and it won't keep charging, however i see double thunderbolt icon next to the battery and its says its fastcharging on the lockscreen.
If i connect it to second type-c, it charges normally, but i think only 18W.
I'm using type-c cable capable of 100w charging via usb-PD
43 REPLIES 43

daniel91m
Rising Star II
@cytrus224 How can you be sure that the problem is not on the side of the charger?

cytrus224
Rising Star I
daniel91m

@cytrus224 How can you be sure that the problem is not on the side of the charger?

View post
Because it works fine with other phones. I can confirm it works properly with LG V30, Poco F3, OnePlus One, Oppo A52

daniel91m
Rising Star II
Ok, but with what power and to what standard are these phones charged? I am asking because zenfone may have the highest power consumption and the charger is not powerful enough.

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @cytrus224,
Check your PM for further instructions from me.

pio_zen
Rising Star II
cytrus224

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/185996#Comment_185996

Because it works fine with other phones. I can confirm it works properly with LG V30, Poco F3, OnePlus One, Oppo A52

View post
I was charging 2 phones with that baseus charger and it was not able to reasonably divide power. There was only charging below 10W per device.
I just returned it and bought mini travel charger from aukey - no problem. At home there is no issue with multiport blitzwolf PD charger.