This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera is too slow

I own Zenfone devices for the past 7 years. My first device was the Zenfone 5, back in 2015. Then i had the ZF2, which were both great devices.
Then i switched to the Zenfone 3 Zoom, my first one was stolen, but the phone was so good, it had an awesome battery that i decided to buy another one. I kept if for 2 years and then i bought the Zenfone 5z. What an amazing phone.. Sadly, i got unemployed and couldnt buy the Zenfone 6 or 7. The moment i found a new job, the first thing i did was to buy the brand new Zenfone 8 Flip.

Well, i typed that story to make a comparative. All of my previous phones had INSTANT camera response. It was so fast. The moment I click to take the photo, I can instantly see the photo I took.

Sadly, this DOES NOT happen with my Zenfone 8 Flip and i cant understand why. It takes the phone more thant 10 seconds of PROCESSING to show me my picture. What is this?
I already cleaned the cache, reset to factory (despite this happening since i bought the phone).

Can someone help me? Does this happen to someone else?
whatsapp-image-2022-04-26-at-12-22-51.jpeg
This is what i get EVERY SINGLE TIME when taking pictures, it doesnt matter the resolution or the extra options i select(like auto focus, AI detection etc).
7 REPLIES 7

ibo13700
Star II
Hello, the stock camera app is crap, I suggest you use Gcam port for the Zenfone 8, the quality is way ahead of the Asus camera app. I can not post the link so you'll have to search "Gcam Asus Zenfone 8" on Google and it's the first link from Celso Azevedo. You should give it a try.

ponchofiesta
Star III
I can confirm the extremly long image process. Really annoying.
Will try gcam now. Using GCam_8.1.101_Wichaya_V1.5

laci_kara
Rising Star I
I get this too, but mostly when portrait mode is active. Processing takes place in the background. But if I previrew the image before it finishes I have to wait.
I believe it is because processing takes place in 64mb image.

Myshadows
Star II
My standard photo mode has a 1.5 second processing time.
Portrait mode has a 6 to 7 second processing time which drops to 4 to 5 if phone is on performance. Or if I turn off beauty settings.
My partner's pixel does the same thing and so does my friends HTC