camera app zenfone 8

zgredek94
Star I
Model Name: Zenfone 8
Firmware wersion: 31.1010.0411.89, freshly updated
Not rooted

My camera app seems to not having acces to camera. ;(
Screen is simply black when I try to make a picture by it,
BUT in whatsapp everything works fine, front and back camera as well (i can make a picture, send it etc.),
facebook app takes only selfies, when i change to main camera picture freezes, but i can change back and it (selfie) works.
messenger is like facebook, selfie works fine, main freezes, i can go back to selfie and it works
Google lens doesnt work, black picture
i even downloaded snapchat and it works like fb and messenger.

I did everything like they advised on this topic: FAQ/1015523 about camra problems
Reboot, clearing storage, updating firmeware and factory reset doesnt help, in safe mode camera also doesnt work.
I dont know how to "Update the Camera app from Google Play:Then start the Camera ( front & rear camera) again".
In settings i noticed the camera app doesnt show any of its premissions.
Help pls.
screenshot-20220819-193950843-5b1-5d.jpg
screenshot-20220819-193606364-5b1-5d.jpg
screenshot-20220819-193527172-5b1-5d.jpg
screenshot-20220819-193501605-5b1-5d.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

Qbert123
Star I
Hey, I have the same problem for 2 weeks now. When I launch the camera app I only get a black screen. I can feel the vibrations when changing the camera mode (while having the blackscreen) – strangely I can use PANO without any problem but every other mode will freeze the app again.
Like OP I tried clearing camera cache & storage without any effect. Neither Save Mode nor Factory reset did any good either.
I tried different camera apps and only got black screens. Except for WhatsApp camera – for whatever reason this seems to be working.
Please help - this is super annoying. There was no change in my phone-usage habits the past two weeks. It must be a software problem.

Ronzky321
Star III
zgredek94

Model Name: Zenfone 8

Firmware wersion: 31.1010.0411.89, freshly updated

Not rooted

My camera app seems to not having acces to camera. ;(

Screen is simply black when I try to make a picture by it,

BUT in whatsapp everything works fine, front and back camera as well (i can make a picture, send it etc.),

facebook app takes only selfies, when i change to main camera picture freezes, but i can change back and it (selfie) works.

messenger is like facebook, selfie works fine, main freezes, i can go back to selfie and it works

Google lens doesnt work, black picture

i even downloaded snapchat and it works like fb and messenger.

I did everything like they advised on this topic: FAQ/1015523 about camra problems

Reboot, clearing storage, updating firmeware and factory reset doesnt help, in safe mode camera also doesnt work.

I dont know how to "Update the Camera app from Google Play:Then start the Camera ( front & rear camera) again".

In settings i noticed the camera app doesnt show any of its premissions.

Help pls.

screenshot-20220819-193950843-5b1-5d.jpg

screenshot-20220819-193606364-5b1-5d.jpg

screenshot-20220819-193527172-5b1-5d.jpg

screenshot-20220819-193501605-5b1-5d.jpg

camera app zenfone 8
If you made a full factory reset and the problem still persists, I doubt it's a software problem and rather a hardware one.
If I were you, I would try downgrading to Android 11 as a ver last resort before sending it for repair.

keren_ASUS
Hi @Qbert123
Thank you for reaching out. Please check if your phone will pass the SMMI test,
Calculator> type ".12345+=">SMMI TEST>Single Test>Wide-angled Camera Capture Test/Tele Camera Capture Test/Front Camera Capture Test

jhol
Star II
had the same problem. I couldn´t use the camara only through watsup. Finally took the phone to custumer service where they fixed it.