This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus zenphone 8 restarts during conversation with 3,5 jack headphones

escu
Star I
I've had my Zenfone 8 for almost a year now and I recently did an update to the latest Version WW-31.1010.0410.43. When taking a call using my headphones plugged into the 3.5mm jack, the Zenfone 8 freezes and restarts after a while in to the conversation. I realy need the phone because I am an interpret and customers start to complain.
I have seen that other people have had the same problem earlier and I wonder what to do?
3 REPLIES 3

Mekanin
Star III
escu

I've had my Zenfone 8 for almost a year now and I recently did an update to the latest Version WW-31.1010.0410.43. When taking a call using my headphones plugged into the 3.5mm jack, the Zenfone 8 freezes and restarts after a while in to the conversation. I realy need the phone because I am an interpret and customers start to complain.

I have seen that other people have had the same problem earlier and I wonder what to do?

Asus zenphone 8 restarts during conversation with 3,5 jack headphones
Same here, please fix this ASAP, it’s getting annoying when the phone sometimes restarting when we plug the jack 3.5mm @CH_ASUS

Mekanin
Star III
Yeah…same problem here after the .43 update, the device sometimes freeze and restart by itself when I plugged 3.5mm jack for chatting while listening to spotify, or when in a call.
Please Asus dev, fix this asap,
cc: @CH_ASUS

StaggeredAmusem
Star II
Unfortunately, this issue has been around for a while (https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/51167/phone-freezes-restarts-during-phone-calls/p1).
The solution for me has been to use a VOIP service (like Google Voice) and that service's dialer app instead of the built-in dialer.
Although I haven't tried this yet, I suspect another solution is to use a 3.5mm to USB-C dongle, although that defeats the purpose of having a built-in 3.5mm heaphone jack.