This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zenfone 8 always occur Echoing sound while having phone calls in speaker mode

alexweiheng7
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 8
Firmware Version: 31.1010.0410.43 (just upgrade to android 12)
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
When I am having a call with anyone (even using internet call or normal cellular call). and I turn on my speaker mode, my Zenfone 8 will have very loud echo sound until it is very hard to bare.
I have test voice recorder and speaker, all was ok and even tested at in calculator apps with .12345+=. everything was fine.
I have just bought this phone and barely even use for few week and started using it and this occur 😥.
right now I am still finding ways to rollback to android 11 and hoping that is it software problem.

thank you.
51 REPLIES 51

eriklennep
Star II
Same for me! When i put my phone to speaker mode, people always complain about bad audio quality and ask to come closer to the phone even though i am already very close and almost yelling into the thing.
Would be lovely if the asus team can find a solution for this, because i like to use speaker mode all the time.

Latest version of software is running

arielsajda
Rising Star II
@Mattias_ASUS
Sorry for summoning You once again, but there is one more big global issue.

Sent mine to repair, got it sent back without them doing anything 😞 Said they couldn't reproduce the echo... well it still occurs to me every time. Can't talk with people 😕

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
Does anyone from Asus support still care about Zenfone 8?
@CH_ASUS @Irene @keren_ASUS
@Kris_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @Falcon_ASUS @Christine Joy@Christine_ASUS
Problem is still ongoing. Caller can't hear me when calling on loud speaker. No matter what app I'm using.

arielsajda
Rising Star II
lukasz.szabelski

Does anyone from Asus support still care about Zenfone 8?

@CH_ASUS @Irene @keren_ASUS

@Kris_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @Falcon_ASUS @Christine Joy@Christine_ASUS

Problem is still ongoing. Caller can't hear me when calling on loud speaker. No matter what app I'm using.

View post

@Mattias_ASUS ?