cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 13 - missing Advanced system mode

Iceman11
Star III

Hello,

I updated manually to Android 13. So far there are no issues, it is stable.

But what happened to the Battery - System modes - "Advanced system mode"?
It was giving the user  a lot of control and was a great option. Why Asus decided to remove it?
Now I'm stuck with "Dynamic" mode where the battery life is garbage or "Durable" mode where there is no background sync.

Before the update I was able to make a very balanced custom profile and normally was getting 2 days of battery life without compromising on functionality.
Do the Asus Team plans to add back the Advanced system mode in the future updates? 

9 REPLIES 9

keren_ASUS

Hi @Iceman11 Iceman

Advance mode is no longer available, however, you can select any of the new system modes and you can adjust the settings to what you prefer by using the gear icon. 

Thanks! 

Hi @keren_ASUS ,

When i want to adjust there are no flexibility like old advance mode, removing advance mode more like a major problem, now i cannot use my phone for a whole day(battery run out very quick), please return the old advance mode.

The advance mode is one reason i chose Asus Zenfone 8, please don't down grade my phone software quality.

Best Regards

No, we could NOT adjust the system mode as in the advanced mode: no CPU adjustment etc. !!!!!!

Braddeicide
Star I

I agree losing advanced mode sucks.  The new modes offer nowhere near the flexibility.  I have to choose between short battery life, missing background notifications, or unknown let us drive mode.

I used to be able to choose keeping the phone awake and usable but turning down CPU and memory performance to save the battery.

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.