This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The sensor module slowly moves out when quickly switching to manual mode after Camera start

edddd
Rising Star I
Model Name: Zenfone 7 Pro
Firmware Version: WW_30.41.69.89
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: 1 in 50 Camera app starts
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): ASUS Camera
========================================
This issue has been present since day 1 and on at least 2 different Zenfones. I have set up a shortcut to start the Camera app on long press of the side button / fingerprint scanner. Once the camera app is open I quickly slide to the right to get to the custom / manual mode. By quickly I mean really quickly because I need to make a photo right now. Most of the time everything is ok, but once in a while the app starts fine and swaps to custom mode, but then it slowly starts moving the camera module to selfie mode. And I mean really slowly, this is not like when switching to selfie mode. It's acting as if I am holding the volume up button for 20 seconds but I am absolutely not and there is no way this is the phone case, because the volume up button never gets triggered by accident, plus it says "designed in cooperation with ASUS" on the case.
I use a Rhinoshield case and I might be also opening the back lid some time during all this, but I used to use the phone without this case and still remember this issue, but it was a long time ago. I used 4 Zenfones in total, 2 with Rhinoshield case. Maybe the lid sensor is tipping off a bug in the app?
I am not holding the volume buttons or anything, I am certain of this. This happens so slow that the photo moment is ruined every time it happens. There is no apparent way to cancel it, the app does not react to anything during this. Also, I am pretty sure this only happens when swiping to custom mode right after starting the app in a rush.
0 REPLIES 0