fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
After updating to A11 I started to see major issues with the battery optimizations, mostly on Gmail app, but once I started to investigate I see it overall. Email notification come with hours , if not tens of hours delay , which was not the case on A10. I noticed that even whether app is not updating in timely fashion.
It looks like phone goes to hibernate and not resumes for notification only once in a couple of hours if not more. Strangely but whatsapp is working fine. I have disabled all battery optimizations and I saw some improvements but not that good as in A10. Yesterday for instance, I lost a couple of important emails since they Gmail App only synchronized once in 10 hours....which is unacceptable.
Factory reset does not help since I have done it at least 7 times due to various issues since A11 update a week ago...

Please help!!!! I don't know what else to look for!
130 REPLIES 130

fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
Yeah, I also noticed that removing updates fixes the issue, but I also agree it seems a ZF issue. My wife has a pixel 3a without any issues that I have. More than this I have problems with gmail, calendar, instagram and I think more apps are missing notifications so there are not only google apps... so I think it is something they missed or is misbehaving in zenfone's A11 implementations. And I see , but I cannot demonstrate that apps are killed more frequently...and this can be a culprit .... But I don't know ....overall for me, A11 sucks (today I also noticed issues with location and waze that I did not see in A10)

Roystoys
Zen Master III
skipwoof

Ok, according to this old post : www.reddit[.]com/r/GooglePixel/comments/a3edwu/google_reminders_not_working_i_may_have_a_fix/ (I'm not allowed to post links)

If we remove the updates of the application, it fix the issue for the reminder. I tried, and... exact, it solves the issue. Notifications are back.

Updating the application via Play Store to latest version will bring back the bug.

Anyway, issue occurs only with ZenFone, so... 💁‍♂️

View post
Cool so I'm not going nuts it is a problem I was starting to think that maybe it was the same on A10,at my age the memory isn't what it used to be. I will uninstall all the updates now and see how it goes today. Thanks heaps for your help you are the only person who actually listened to what I was saying and came up with a fix even if it does mean taking a step back on the calendar app but I prefer to live with that then no notification from reminders. Hopefully Asus will come up with a fix in the next update RGDS Roy

Roystoys
Zen Master III
skipwoof

Ok, according to this old post : www.reddit[.]com/r/GooglePixel/comments/a3edwu/google_reminders_not_working_i_may_have_a_fix/ (I'm not allowed to post links)

If we remove the updates of the application, it fix the issue for the reminder. I tried, and... exact, it solves the issue. Notifications are back.

Updating the application via Play Store to latest version will bring back the bug.

View post
So far so good just got both a visual and audio notification from a test reminder 😉 your the man,man👍

Roystoys
Zen Master III
skipwoof

View post
That's a bit strange,I don't claim to know much about smartphones or zenfones but it is confusing isn't it ? As you kindly said uninstalling the calendar updates works so as it is a Google app you would think that the problem lay with the playstore but it works on your Nokia A11 so that puts the bug fairly in zenfones lap hmmmm, stay tuned I suppose
I can't say I'm surprised though, Nokia have always made great phones right from the start and all through the Lumia fase and out the other side to today's Nokia's. Sometimes I wonder why I changed brands. I was going to upgrade to the ZenFone 8 but if this bug isn't addressed maybe I should go back to Nokia

Evert
Star II
Joining the group. Experiencing the same issue on my ZenFone 7 Pro, with several accounts, Google being the one causing the most problems, obviously.