fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
After updating to A11 I started to see major issues with the battery optimizations, mostly on Gmail app, but once I started to investigate I see it overall. Email notification come with hours , if not tens of hours delay , which was not the case on A10. I noticed that even whether app is not updating in timely fashion.
It looks like phone goes to hibernate and not resumes for notification only once in a couple of hours if not more. Strangely but whatsapp is working fine. I have disabled all battery optimizations and I saw some improvements but not that good as in A10. Yesterday for instance, I lost a couple of important emails since they Gmail App only synchronized once in 10 hours....which is unacceptable.
Factory reset does not help since I have done it at least 7 times due to various issues since A11 update a week ago...

Please help!!!! I don't know what else to look for!
130 REPLIES 130

morenomiguel198
Rising Star I
Latest update claim it fixed the Weather app not updating, let's see if it's real.
I doubt Gmail got fixed as it's not in the changelog.
At least they added a new feature (one hand mode, I missed it).
Maybe they remembered the ZF7 still exists.
EDIT : oh I got a Gmail notification, no way! Hope that's not because it just restarted. And Play Store had updates waiting, did they fix that background issue in the end ?

CVonC
Rising Star II
Notifications seem to be working properly now overnight

Roystoys
Zen Master III
fear_dot_com_2000

It has been more than 3 months I have opened this thread....1500 + views, more than 150 responses , more than 3 times I have provided the logs and still no answer....not to mention a fix....is there any moderator left on this forum that at least could reply and tell us the latest status from dev team about this issue?

Should I sell the phone or wait for the power button to break (since I have to restart the phone almost every morning in order to receive the notifications...sometimes more times a day...) ???

View post
I am curious if the latest update has resolved your issues?

fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
It's too soon to comment, but so far so good! I am waiting another couple of days before I can say for sure since always after reboot it was working...

CVonC
Rising Star II
morenomiguel1986

Latest update claim it fixed the Weather app not updating, let's see if it's real.

I doubt Gmail got fixed as it's not in the changelog.

At least they added a new feature (one hand mode, I missed it).

Maybe they remembered the ZF7 still exists.

EDIT : oh I got a Gmail notification, no way! Hope that's not because it just restarted. And Play Store had updates waiting, did they fix that background issue in the end ?

View post

One hand mode... So all it does is shift the entire screen down which crops the bottom part out. I really don't see the point? Previously the screen just gets squished down but still in the same ratio so you can see whole screen area including the bottom.