This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone6 Network GSM - Is the ZF6 a 2G, 3G or 4G phone? (for US phones)

strange_steve
Star II

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZenFone6 : USA (ATT & Tmobile Dual sim)
Firmware Version: stock : android 11
Rooted or not: (not yet)

So every time i make a call on my ATT GSM 4G sim in my supposedly 4G ZenFone6 i get a notice that 3G service will be discontinued in my area.
I stopped by an ATT today to see if it may just be an older sim card and they said it was the phone - and that my ZenFone 6 was or 3G. I said no its a 4G phone and they looked it up and said the system was showing it as a 2G device ?!? So class action lawsuit aside - whats going on with the zenFone 6 ? Is there a way to tell if its 2G, 3G or 4G.... ?
the att folks said the phone was no good - so whats the deal is ATT lying ? Or did asus market the ZF6 as a 4G phone when it was not? I would like to get a 5G dual sim + SD car phone and was looking at ZF7 but not putting any $ down until i get to the bottom of wtf is going on with my ZF6 and or my crappy carrier (ATT).

1 REPLY 1

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
They guy you were talking to was clearly more of a sales guy than a tech guy. I can guarantee you 100% that you have a 4G phone.
I don't know how far we've gotten with AT&T but there's VoLTE support for T-Mobile on Zenfone 6