This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to buy Zenfone 6 but worried about motherboard issue.

coltostallion
Star II
I'd really like to get this phone, but I'm concerned about the motherboard issue. I live in Japan but would be buying the North American version of the phone because I travel between the two countries occasionally and that's the version that has the most frequency bands I need. If the phone has the motherboard issue this would make it very complicated to repair, though. I'm willing to wait a bit, but would that make a difference? I don't know if the ones being manufactured now are any different than the ones from before they knew there was a motherboard issue.
24 REPLIES 24

ZT-4ae3f9a0
Star II
coltostallion

I'd really like to get this phone, but I'm concerned about the motherboard issue. I live in Japan but would be buying the North American version of the phone because I travel between the two countries occasionally and that's the version that has the most frequency bands I need. If the phone has the motherboard issue this would make it very complicated to repair, though. I'm willing to wait a bit, but would that make a difference? I don't know if the ones being manufactured now are any different than the ones from before they knew there was a motherboard issue.

Hello I personally advice you don't but this phone instead of this you go for one plus 7

coltostallion
Star II
MisterSavage

You have no worries about getting a faulty board fixed. That's assured. You wouldn't be paying for any shipping and most time, ASUS is shipping it to and from with overnight shipping. I'm sure if you have an issue with the mobo, their parts should be more available and reduce any wait times.

View post
I highly doubt they will be shipping internationally with over night shipping. I'm not overly concerned about the price of shipping to them, but I would be very concerned if they expected me to pay shipping back which is also possible if they even honor a US warranty shipped from Japan.

coltostallion
Star II
rockyshety2010

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/9963/want-to-buy-zenfone-6-but-worried-about-motherboard-issu...

Hello I personally advice you don't but this phone instead of this you go for one plus 7

View post
As nice as the one plus 7 looks, it doesn't have a headphone jack which is one feature I want.

ummidimahesh_5
Star II
coltostallion

plz dont buy

alistairmidgley
Star III
I've had two of them and they were fantastic for the combined 4 days that they worked.
0/10 would not recommend