This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video file playback issue.

Vru26
Star III
I am facing a strange issue with 6z. Whenever I play .mkv files on the phone, they keep lagging/freezing. The same set of files play perfectly fine on other devices. The device is updated to the latest firmware i.e .191. Anyone else facing the same issue? Asus team please help me out with this.
6 REPLIES 6

Cod_The_Doc
Rising Star I
I am facing a strange issue with 6z. Whenever I play .mkv files on the phone, they keep lagging/freezing. The same set of files play perfectly fine on other devices. The device is updated to the latest firmware i.e .191. Anyone else facing the same issue? Asus team please help me out with this.
Have you tried to use apps like "VLC for Android" wich could play (almost) every kind of video files?

Vru26
Star III
I have tried MX player and the default video player app on the phone but the issue don't get any better with any of these. Whereas if I play the same files on other phones using MX player or the default app provided in those phone then too the files play perfectly fine. Also I haven't notice similar issues on the forum or any other third party websites so I doubt this has got to do anything with the software.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
It's not so easy to comment without more indepth information. 
What is the video format contained in the mkv, bitrate, color depth, and so on?

For example; trying the "Big Buck Bunny" clip , their 4K 60fps (encoded with x264)  ; http://bbb3d.renderfarming.net/download.html
It works perfectly with VLC and MX Player.  

Vru26
Star III
I will try that file and give you the requested details ASAP.