This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts not working

mizflores60
Star I
My text messaging suddenly stopped being able to receive texts from others, yet I can send mine!! Help!
10 REPLIES 10

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
Try toggling airplane mode and then restarting the device. I recently took a flight, and after landing when I turned airplane mode off it struggled to reconnect to my network. Restarting the device solved the issue.

fatbox
Star II
I'm in the same boat, when I'm at home I can send texts and make calls, but cannot receive either. I get pretty terrible reception at my house (with Straight Talk) so I'm gonna try switching phone service even though I had zero issues with reception on my previous phone which was a Moto G5 Plus. I love this phone's performance but unfortunately if I continue to get bad reception because of the lack of bands on this phone I'm gonna have to return it.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
You could try and move your SIM from slot 1 to slot 2. If that doesn't do anything. Try the SIM in another phone and see if that phone can receive messages. Then you put the SIM back in your phone and see if it still behaves the same.
If there's no change, then you could try with backing up your SMS and then find the messenger app in settings -> apps & notifications ->see all apps -> in the top right three dots menu, press show system -> find and press messages (not messenger from FB) -> storage & memory -> clear storage. Not test receiving an sms again. If it works, then you can import all your backed up messages and test if you can receive again. If it never works, then back up everything and reset your device

fatbox
Star II
Anders_ASUS

You could try and move your SIM from slot 1 to slot 2. If that doesn't do anything. Try the SIM in another phone and see if that phone can receive messages. Then you put the SIM back in your phone and see if it still behaves the same.

If there's no change, then you could try with backing up your SMS and then find the messenger app in settings -> apps & notifications ->see all apps -> in the top right three dots menu, press show system -> find and press messages (not messenger from FB) -> storage & memory -> clear storage. Not test receiving an sms again. If it works, then you can import all your backed up messages and test if you can receive again. If it never works, then back up everything and reset your device

View post
Spent a couple hours and did all that, sim card works fine in my old phone... Still the same problem, except now I'm not receiving texts at all, regardless of where I am or what my reception is like. Hopefully switching to this new phone carrier solves the problem, if not then returning it is my only other option.