cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen recorder doesnt record sound

johnCforVTS
Rising Star I
Good evening,
I screen recorded a lot the past ponth ( and i ll keep it that way due to the coronavirus everyday video meetings ) and i noticed that almost half of those doenst have sound. All of them were recorded with do not disturb on ( nothing interrupted those meetings ) and i tried to play all those with a different media player or via my laptop but still no sound at all. Most of the no sound recordings were as such from the beggining and some few suddenly gone mute mid session!
( Its not related to the recent update... It was there before that too )
Any ideas on the cause of that or how to fix that?
Thanks in advance.
11 REPLIES 11

abhimathew22
Star III
johnCforVTS

Good evening,

I screen recorded a lot the past ponth ( and i ll keep it that way due to the coronavirus everyday video meetings ) and i noticed that almost half of those doenst have sound. All of them were recorded with do not disturb on ( nothing interrupted those meetings ) and i tried to play all those with a different media player or via my laptop but still no sound at all. Most of the no sound recordings were as such from the beggining and some few suddenly gone mute mid session!

Thanks in advance.

I have the same issue and this has been happening for quite some time, as per my experience

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
johnCforVTS

Good evening,

Thanks in advance.

Yes, this is the current limitation on design.
depending on each app's audio design, there are certain limitations to how asus had implement screen recorder. Already confirmed this from MOD ch_asus m zenfone 5Z user even m disappointed with limitation 😔 hope for a fix mods @CH_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @LP_ASUS
Overcoming this limitation is highly appreciated as this is really useful feature for some important times 😔

johnCforVTS
Rising Star I
Yeah i agree with you but 1) it kind if defeats the whole purpose if you dont have sound of your meeting ( its even worse if you depent on it to work just fine but eventually you realise that fault when the meeting is already done ) and 2) as i said earlier it happened to record properly sometimes in the past ( i use the same platform )so thats what frustrates me even more!

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
johnCforVTS

Yeah i agree with you but 1) it kind if defeats the whole purpose if you dont have sound of your meeting ( its even worse if you depent on it to work just fine but eventually you realise that fault when the meeting is already done ) and 2) as i said earlier it happened to record properly sometimes in the past ( i use the same platform )so thats what frustrates me even more!

View post
Yeahh... You are right i hope mods take this very serious and asus fixes it asap coz m imagining countries under lockdown and people working from home can understand real importance of this feature during imp work meetings as you say 😌