This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please add VoWifi WiFi calling feature for India [Threads Merged]

paras0710
Rising Star II
As Jio and Airtel now have wifi calling in india and soon Vodafone will also implement Wifi calling its time that Asus will add this feature in future updates.
72 REPLIES 72

samuelx02
Star III
Anders_ASUS

It's software. There are two ways for ASUS to enable it. Unsupported enable which can cause all kinds of issues or enabling it with the carriers support to make sure everything works and this is the hard part because it requires an effort from their side (as well as ours). Field testing needs to be done and documents needs to be signed.

Some manufacturers have chosen that they are willing to take the risk and all complaints that may follow when it's not working. So far, ASUS had decided against this approach.

View post
If I am the first time to read this kind of reply, I will agree what you said.
However, when .110 patch has been released, your reply IS A LIE.
1."carriers support to make......" Let me ask you a question , Why Hong Kong user can use VOLTE but no vowifi ? Does the carriers in Hong Kong do not support Vowifi? 3 of 4 carriers in Hong Kong support Vowifi (Except CMHK). Does Zenfone 6 need to in carriers' list before enable Vowifi? I don't think so.
2."Unsupported enable which......" what will happen if unsupported enable? Battery drain? No network? freeze the UI? Brick the phone? Does unsupported enable have the higher risk than unlock bootloader and root the phone? If Asus can let user to unlock the bootloader and flash custom kernel and roms, why ASUS do not let user to take their risk to enable it?

3 In.110 patch "Enabled Brazil Vivo VoLTE/VoWiFi", Does it mean that Asus and Vivo has been all tested with nothing wrong so ASUS enable both function? So loop back to question 1, Why Hong Kong User only have VOLTE? Asus can not test VOWIFI function with the carriers because the carriers need a fee from ASUS to enable it or Marketshare of Asus in Hong Kong is too small, Asus do not willing to support?
While I have used this phone for half a year, I think Asus is not willing to do rather than impossible to do.

ajaycherian
Star I
I got this option once and it disappeared after a reboot.. I was shocked to see that option. Then remembered seeing it some other time too. I wld just request that WiFi calling be left to customer choice rather than ASUS trying to control it. On Airtel website saw older Asus phones having the feature and the latest one not having it.

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
ajaycherian

Q8YP2SQVVRHF.jpg

I got this option once and it disappeared after a reboot.. I was shocked to see that option. Then remembered seeing it some other time too. I wld just request that WiFi calling be left to customer choice rather than ASUS trying to control it. On Airtel website saw older Asus phones having the feature and the latest one not having it.

View post
You may already know, but if you're in India you can dial *#*#3642623344#*#* to enable that option. Nothing will show up on screen when you do it, but the options will be present in settings. You have to do it after each reboot. If you're in many other places in the world (like me) you're out of luck, unfortunately (it will still add the options in settings, but it won't do anything). Probably will have to eventually migrate to custom roms to get such features (voLTE too).

justinleon2113
Star III
+1 for adding Wi-Fi Calling. Just adding the support to this cause. Disappointed my Edition 30 phone cannot be used many places since it has limited T-Mobile bands (inside some buildings it works, but not at my current job) but hopeful it will change.

Monark
Zen Master I
After dialing the number i got the symbol of phone over wifi is that means it is fully enabled i am from india and using JIO.
H6I5TPEZ1WRA.jpg