This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone suddenly switches off, reboots frequently

mnongkhlaw
Star I
My Asus 6Z very often switches off suddenly while browsing etc. And then it takes quite a while to switch on. Even after pressing the power button for sometime and releasing it, most often than not, it does not come on. And when it does (sometimes while it's kept away, it powers on by itself), it reboots itself continuously. The Asus word appears, fades away, then it reboots again. Today, it happened 3 or more times. At one stage, after it booted, I decided to immediately shutdown and let it rest for a while.
On a related note, is there a USB jig or some such we can make in case it stops booting in the future? Really concerned 🤔
5 REPLIES 5

mnongkhlaw
Star I
Looks like I'm not the only one experiencing this issue with Android 10 on Asus 6. IMHO, the company should stop pushing firmware updates till the issue is resolved.
In the meantime, I'd be thankful if anyone can give me some tips on how to rollback to Android 9 or even lesser where these kinds of issues don't recur.

Bhasky
Rising Star II
mnongkhlaw

Looks like I'm not the only one experiencing this issue with Android 10 on Asus 6. IMHO, the company should stop pushing firmware updates till the issue is resolved.

In the meantime, I'd be thankful if anyone can give me some tips on how to rollback to Android 9 or even lesser where these kinds of issues don't recur.

View post
you can download firmware to a SD Card from the support page to downgrade from 10 to 9

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
mnongkhlaw

My Asus 6Z very often switches off suddenly while browsing etc. And then it takes quite a while to switch on. Even after pressing the power button for sometime and releasing it, most often than not, it does not come on. And when it does (sometimes while it's kept away, it powers on by itself), it reboots itself continuously. The Asus word appears, fades away, then it reboots again. Today, it happened 3 or more times. At one stage, after it booted, I decided to immediately shutdown and let it rest for a while.

On a related note, is there a USB jig or some such we can make in case it stops booting in the future? Really concerned 🤔

Phone suddenly switches off, reboots frequently
Please take your phone to a service center

_jis_
Zen Master III
mnongkhlaw

View post
Faulty motherboard has nothing common with A10 or monthly updates. Unfortunately this issue cannot be resolved via SW update.