cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone hangs on its own and tries to switch on multiple times

lalithphani
Star II
Hi, 
The phone is frequently hanging on its own after the update. A white blank screen appears all of the sudden and switches off, tries to on multiple times like 6-7 times event after I see the home page, it again switches off. It happened me thrice a day and 15 min for the phone to be back to normal every time.
That's truly annoying. And yes! the call quality is also not so good. I can hear lot of background noises and the earphones when I answer a call gives me a strange noise sometimes. Please let me know when will it work properly without any issues!? 
8 REPLIES 8

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Hi, have you tried the latest firmware update? Did it improve anything?

kinguntas23
Rising Star II
Hi, have you tried the latest firmware update? Did it improve anything?
Sir, this problem is being reported by so many users here on this forum (Myself included) and they all mentioned that this problem has started surfacing after the latest update. I'm really scared because I've read a couple reports  saying that their phones eventually died after crashing randomly for 2-3 days. I feel like my phone has a ticking time bomb on its life. Please do something sir, the service centres are not in my convenient reach. 

ankur_kar
Star III
ASUS has shown that it has a very bad process in the name of quality control. I have also faced this issue and took my phone to the authorized service center in bangalore yesterday. They checked the phone and told me its a hardware issue. I bought the phone on 11th July and now my phone is in the service center for repairs for 4 to 5 days. ASUS should either provide a new replacement or they should provide a full refund. I am really disappointed at the kind of service ASUS is providing. Its really bad.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
I was just about to say that we have concluded that all these issues are hardware and not software even though some users have experienced these issues after they installed the latest update. It might seam like there are many with the same issue but it's mostly the same users posting again and again. If you count every unique user name, you see that there are about 10 users. My point is that even though it is unfortunate and we really want to help these customers, it is not a wide spread issue.  I can't comment on if you should have a new replacement or refund. That is up to your ASUS Service Center to decide.